Fully assembled and designed to accept the factory Jeep 05-'06 fuel pump module (or the Aeromotive Phantom in-tank fuel pump module with our adapter).
26 Gallon capacity with a Rock Jock 70 rear axle and 7" Stretch.
The assembly mounts in the factory location and is designed to work with all your factory emissions equipment so you won't get any check engine lights or have computer issues.
- 1" more ground clearance than stock.
- Improved departure angle.
- 26 gallon fuel capacity.
- New larger 1-3/4" fill and 3/4" vent fittings.
- Makes more room for BIG aftermarket axles.
- Shape allows for 7" of rear wheelbase stretch with a Rock Jock 70 in a stretched LJ.
- Mounts in stock tank location, but designed for use with coilovers.
- Stock mounting location keeps center of gravity low in the vehicle.
- Accepts the stock Jeep fuel pump & EVAP equipment.
- 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy tank is TIG welded.
- Foam liner between tank & skid plate.
- New style 3/16" thick heavy-duty steel skid plate.
- Assembled with stainless steel straps.
- Includes new factory Mopar roll over / vent valves.
- All tanks are 100% pressure tested.
- Made in USA.
- Jeep LJ 2003-2006 (with forward rear cross member removed, see picture).
- GenRight's TJ to LJ Stretch Kit (1997 to 2004, requires newer fuel pump module from '05-'06).
- We offer a billet fuel fill (GST-5002) that will allow easy adaptation to the larger fittings, but it can be done with the stock filler and some adapters for the hoses.
- Because of shape and location changes, installation of this product WILL require changes to the last 24" of the exhaust tail pipe.
- A small (1") body lift maybe required for clearance on top of the fuel pump module.
- Try our Fuel Pump Access Panel kit, it is a great upgrade at time of installation!
- Fits with Currie brand Anti-Rock type rear sway bars. Due to the fact that this tank is pushed back 5", the installer will need to carefully pull the fuel line and electrical a little rearward to reconnect them to the fuel pump (not a problem- there is plenty of length in the line to reach).
- Your Jeep must be outfitted with GenRight's outboard shocks and/or coil overs to install this model tank (100% will not work with standard coil springs in the rear. If you are running coil springs, please use GenRight gas tank: GST-2002
- We offer a less expensive fuel tank model with a 20 gallon capacity, that works with each year fuel pump modules: GST-2054.
- This fuel tank requires use of the new style Jeep fuel pump module (from a 2005 or 2006 Jeep Wrangler) or the Aeromotive Phantom fuel pump module.
- This product WILL NOT deliver without a live person to sign for the delivery.
- Jeep LJ
I have to say, this tank is a work of art. I'm running an LS on a stretched YJ, and I'm probably only getting 4-5 MPG. The extra capacity is a life saver. Build quality is excellent and customer service is on point. Highly recommended product if you are looking for some extra fuel.
I'm so glad I went with the bigger tank, the extra weight is unnoticeable too. I can already tell the skid plate is tough as nails after my first trip out. Excellent product!
Having the bigger tank just means I can stay out on the trail longer. To me 25+ gallons is the perfect size!
Having the bigger 26 gallon gas tank is a great piece of mind.
Since the GenRight Tracer Suspension is designed to use a thirsty LS3 V8, the extra fuel capacity is awesome!