This the AGR Rock Ram steering system for the Jeep JK. This is the same steering system Tony used to race the 2020 KOH race.
The Original hydraulic assisted steering system designed and developed for competition rock crawlers, but the Rock Ram System will improve the off road and on highway handling of any vehicle running larger than stock tires.
It works equally well on weekend trail riders, hardcore rock crawlers and the 4 Wheel drive with large tire and a lift kit who rarely gets off road but needs additional steering to move the big tires into tight parking spots. The Rock Ram system increases your steering force yet 100 percent or more, yet still retains excellent handling characteristics for on road driving.
The Ram cylinder serves as an added assist to the gearbox and as a POWERED Steering Stabilizer. The Ram Cylinder uses dynamic hydraulic pressure to control the front end movement, not just cushion it and the results produce a smoother ride and increased steering control. The Rock Ram System consists of our competition and trail proven Super Ram Box, Rock Ram Super Pump, and the Rock Ram Hydraulic cylinder and install kit.
The AGR Super Ram Steering Box has been machined and ported and fitted with a properly matched Rock Ram Valve to provide the needed increased fluid flow to supply both the Ram Box and the Ram cylinder, not to be confused with the backyard conversion that results in a slow and sluggish steering system.
The AGR steering gear box is manufactured with light valving for turning ease. In additional to the tremendous increase in turning force the Rock Ram System reduces stress on the steering gearbox and your Jeep's frame by sharing the load with the Ram cylinder. The components and modifications include the Rock Ram system are purpose designed to provide pure turning power for off road maneuvering and at the same time stabilizing the front end while driving on pavement.
- The AGR JK steering box starts life as the Saginaw box found in 3/4 ton GM trucks!
- Needle roller bearing to support long JK sector shaft.
- Mounting plate is 3/8" thick with gussets for additional strength.
- Eliminates the need for a conventional steering stabilizer.
- Comes with factory stops to keep the JK's steering angle sensor within operating parameters.
- 395851 AGR Gear Box
- 931158 AGR Rock Ram Cylinder
- 930100 Cylinder Install Kit
- 8287257 AGR high pressure & volume steering Pump
- Pentastar mounting bracket
- 4.75 Inch Pulley (normally optional)
- Includes mounting Hardware, Hoses, And Fittings
- Sold As A Kit
- AGR steering fluid sold separately.
- AGR Reservoir sold separately
- THIS KIT DOES NOT INCLUDE A RESERVOIR. YOU MUST HAVE A RESERVOIR TO OPERATE THE STEERING. Select from options above.
- You can DOUBLE your warranty from 1 year to 2 years by purchasing 4 quarts of AGR Extreme Performance Power Steering Fluid 940100 on the same invoice.
- Don't forget to add a steering cooler!
- The AGR Rock Ram System is the ultimate in steering components kits, however it is not the fix for worn other steering components needing repair or replacement.
When it comes to steering, i want the best. AGR has this kit dialed in enough for me to finish a brutal race like King of the Hammers in 2020. Highly recommended.