This is the Currie 60 Front Axle.
This is the same axle Tony ran for years in the Growler Jeep YJ!
This is a complete axle with NO mounting brackets, so it's ready for the control arm mounts of your choice so they get welded on by you in the proper location that is specific to your vehicle!
This axle is IN STOCK and ready for immediate pick up (or delivery for an extra fee).
We figured out a long time ago that new aftermarket axles custom ordered and built from scratch are the way to go! You get a hi-pinion in front (optimal). All the geometry (castor and pinion angle) is correct and you get Hi-Steer on knuckles that were meant to have hi-steer.
Currie uses the HUGE Super 60 Ring and Pinion gears with 35 spline axles that are 1-1/2” diameter and super thick axle tubes.
Did you know that a 60 turns 10 degrees sharper than a 44?
This is a great upgrade over a Dana 44, plus it is High Pinion and High Clearance Currie 60.
These axles are also manufactured with Currie's trademark "rotated" Rock Jock designed diff cover to prevent leaking from damage on the trail.
SPECS for axles stocked at GenRight:
- New Style Currie Extreme 60 Front Axle (less brakes).
- Hi-Pinion (runs on the proper side of the gear).
- High clearance differential housing with diff skid plate.
- 67" wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface.
- Auburn Gear Select-a-Loc (electric) Locker. Heavy duty military spec (or ARB upon special request).
- Genuine Dana Spicer "Super 60" gears (10" ring gear).
- 5.38 : 1 Gear Ratio.
- 3" diameter axle tubes.
- 5 on 5-1/2 bolt pattern (standard Jeep bolt pattern).
- 1-1/2" diameter, 35 spline axle shafts.
- 1480 Series U-joints on axles.
- WARN Locking Hubs.
- Knuckles are machined for and include Hi-Steer Arms (for double sheer).
- Top of Diff housing is machined and tapped to mount the GenRight single upper control arm (FSM-1040).
- Super thick Currie fabricated Diff Cover.
- 1350 Yoke for driveshaft u-joint.
- No Control arm or Trac bar brackets are installed on this axle (bare tubes).
- Includes tone rings for JK's.
- We have offer a matching Currie 60 Rear Axle in stock too!
- Brakes are installed on the axle.
- This axle in stock is a Drivers side "drop" (JK, TJ & YJ are driver side).
- This is a "bare" (no brackets) axle, as we feel it is best to position the axle first then attach the brackets in the optimum position and location for your vehicle (allowing for bigger tires or stretched wheelbases).
- The brakes will require a "banjo" style connection that may be larger than your existing brake line.
- If you are installing this axle using the GenRight Elite or Tracer suspensions, please see the Currie VXR 60 front and Currie 70 Rear axles that are 70" wide.
- If installing this axle on a Jeep Wrangler TJ, YJ or LJ (with a steering box), we offer a twister pitman arm STK-2503, STK-5750 and STK-5755. Order all these parts to have everything you need to complete Hi-Steering on this axle.
- Control arm and trac bar mounting brackets are sold separately (depending on the model Jeep you are building) and require welding to install them.
- The 67" WMS to WMS allows you to run a 4" (or 4.5" max) back spaced wheel to reduce wheel "scrub".
More questions? Call us at 805-584-8635.
Be sure to click on More Pictures for larger more detailed images.