This is the Heavy Duty GenRight Front Trac Bar Kit for a linked YJ with Hi-Steer. It is designed to keep the front axle solidly mounted under your vehicle, with materials twice as thick of stock!
This builders kit comes with the Johnny Joint pre-welded on one side and the tubing is longer than necessary so you can cut the trac bar tube to match your Jeeps steering.
Then just weld in the threaded bung for the heim on the axle side and you are all set!
This is the same kit included in our Front 3 link kit and the same parts we have reliably run on our GenRight Jeeps for years!
This particular kit was designed to lengthen the trac bar (to better match the drag link) and eliminate bump steer.
Works great with GenRight CrMo Hi-Steer, however NOT recommended for use with the stock crossover ("Y" link) type steering linkages.
Since this is a universal kit that is also extremely heavy duty, it is a recommended upgrade if you are running hydro assist or full hydraulic steering on your vehicle.
Heavy Duty Kit FEATURES:
- 1/4" thick laser cut frame bracket.
- 1/4" thick laser cut axle side mount.
- Trac Bar is 1-3/8" diameter x .188" wall D.O.M. tubing.
- Genuine Currie Johnny Joint on frame side is welded to the trac bar tube (2-5/8" wide) with 9/16" diameter bolt.
- CrMo Heim 7/8" shank with a 3/4" diameter bolt.
- 7/8-14 Threaded bung.
- 7/8-14 Jam nut.
- Includes all new Grade 8 bolts.
- Perfect for use with elevated Hi-Steer knuckles and arms on a Dana 60.
- Although this builders kit is sold as a pre-welded kit, but still requires welding to properly attach these component parts to the frame and axle of your vehicle.
- This kit requires cutting off the stock trac bar mounta and welding on these new mounts (in the proper location).
- A trac bar is pre-welded with the Johnny Joint (one one end) & the heim end still needs the threaded insert welded in after the tube is cut to length.
- For optimal function and to eliminate bump steer the Trac Bar needs to be cut to best match your vehicles axle width and drag link length.
- We offer a special Twisted Pitman Arm to optimize and match the frame side trac bar mount height. It also uses Heim rod ends.
- Designed to work with our 3 link but can be adapted to work with other radius arm or other brand 4 link suspension kits with coil over shocks.
- Once installed, you MUST cycle the front suspension and steering (in all possible combinations & directions) to make sure NONE of the steering or suspension components will bind or otherwise collide with each other. DO NOT exceed the range of motion which would damage the steering or suspension components and could cause a failure resulting in a loss of steering control!
Click on the picture, to see larger more detailed images.