Building your JK into the ultimate rock crawler? Then we have the tank so you can put a 4-Link rear suspension in your Jeep Wrangler JK.
This is the GenRight Crawler™ Gas Tank to fit a Jeep JK (2007 - Current). It is specifically designed to REMOVE & replace the factory tank from under the middle of the vehicle so you can run true Rock Crawling triangulated 4 link rear suspension (yes, no trac bar!).
This tank follows in a line of innovative and trail proven, top quality gas tanks produced by GenRight.
This new JK tank assembly is designed to fit in the rear muffler area and mounts in a way that still works with your factory gas filler. It even re-uses your factory fuel pump module so can work with all your factory emissions equipment so you won't get any check engine light or have computer issues.
- Hi Clearance (no lower than the factory muffler, does not hurt departure angle).
- 20 gallon fuel capacity.
- Creates room for triangulated 4 link suspension systems.
- Mounting location keeps center of gravity low.
- Re-uses the stock Jeep fuel pump module.
- 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy tank is TIG welded.
- Foam liner between tank & skid plate.
- Includes a 3/16" thick heavy duty steel skid plate.
- Stainless steel hold down strap.
- All tanks are 100% pressure tested.
- Patent Pending.
- Fully assembled fuel tank in a Heavy Duty skid plate.
- New factory Mopar roll over / vent valves.
- New tubing to adapt tank to new mounting location.
- New cargo area floor cover (BKT-8100)
- Because of shape and location changes, installation of this product requires changes to the exhaust.
- Requires removal of the rear floor tool storage area (the jack remains in the very rear compartment).
- To install this product it does NOT require a body lift.
- If a rear sway bar is desired, installing this tank will requires switching to a Currie "AntiRock" type rear sway bars. Because the stock sway bar must be removed.
- Can be used with factory tow hitch.
- Reconnects to the factory EVAP system, but is only CARB compliant (not smog legal) therefore only for Off Highway Use in California.
Click on PICTURES to see larger more detailed photos.
- Jeep JK/JKU
With the rebuild of my Jeep a GenRight gas tank was a necessity for clearance! I knew swapping the gas tank had many paths open to choose from but I was sold on this one the second I saw the quality of welds, the fact that I was saving money because it came with its own skid instead of me having a custom one fab'd and GenRight's amazing customer service! They talked with me forever on the phone as we explained the build and explored the best option for the new build. Thank you so much!
Not only did I gain an inch of ground clearance, but now my weight is more centered front and back on my vehicle. I have a rock that I'd like to climb over, now I can do it with ease. Mounting it was also easy once I got the right bit for cutting through the sheet metal in the cargo area. And the finished plate looks great! This purchase is worth every penny.