This is the newest Currie Extreme VXR 60 Front Axle.
This is the same axle we have successfully run in our 640HP V8 powered 4500 Class racer for 3 years!
This is a complete axle with NO mounting brackets, so it's ready for the control arm mounts of your choice so they get welded on by you in the proper location that is specific to your vehicle!
This axle is pre-ordered for stock to GenRight's specs (delivery is an extra fee).
We figured out a long time ago that new aftermarket axles custom ordered and built from scratch are the way to go!
You get a hi-pinion in front (optimal). All the geometry (castor and pinion angle) is correct and you get Hi-Steer on knuckles that were meant to have hi-steer.
Currie uses the HUGE 10" ring gear and 35 spline axles that are 1-1/2” diameter and super thick axle tubes.
Did you know that a Dana 60 turns 10 degrees sharper than a Dana 44?
Get this no compromise High clearance Currie Extreme 60 for your Jeep!
These axles are also manufactured with Currie's trademark "rotated" Rock Jock designed diff cover to prevent leaking from damage on the trail.
SPECS for axles stocked at GenRight:
- New Style Currie Extreme VXR 60 Front Axle (less brakes).
- Hi-Pinion (runs on the proper side of the gear).
- High clearance differential housing with diff skid plate.
- 70" wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface.
- Auburn Gear Select-a-Loc (electric) Locker. Heavy duty military spec. (or ARB upon special request).
- Genuine Dana Spicer "Super 60" gears (10" ring gear).
- 5.38 : 1 Gear Ratio.
- Load Bolt and drain plug on new heavy duty VXR 60 center section!
- 3-3/4" diameter axle tubes.
- 5 on 5-1/2 bolt pattern (standard Jeep bolt pattern).
- 1-1/2" diameter, 35 spline axle shafts.
- 1480 Series U-joints on the axle shafts.
- WARN Locking Hubs.
- Knuckles are machined for and include Hi-Steer Arms (for double sheer).
- Top of Diff housing is machined and tapped to mount the GenRight single upper control arm (FSM-1040).
- Super thick Currie fabricated Diff Cover.
- 1350 Yoke for driveshaft u-joint.
- No Control arm or Trac bar brackets are installed on this axle (bare tubes).
- Includes tone rings for JK's.
- We have a matching Currie 70 Rear Axle in stock too!
- We now offer 3 different disc brake options: Oversized OE style rotor/calpier, R1 or Alcon.
- Due to the possibility of damage during shipping, none of the brake options are installed on the axle.
- This axle in stock is a Drivers side "drop" (JK, TJ & YJ are driver side).
- This is a "bare" (no brackets) axle, as we feel it is best to position the axle first then attach the brackets in the optimum position and location for your vehicle (allowing for bigger tires or stretched wheelbases).
- The brakes will require a "banjo" style connection that may be larger than your existing brake line.
- If you are installing this axle using the GenRight Elite or Tracer suspensions, we offer a pre-drilled and welded hi-steer arm of the passenger side (STK-8010) STK-8750 and STK-5755, to have everything you need to complete Hi-Steering on this axle.
- If installing this axle on a Jeep Wrangler TJ, YJ or LJ (with a steering box), we offer a twister pitman arm STK-2503, STK-5750 and STK-5755. Order all these parts to have everything you need to complete Hi-Steering on this axle.
- Control arm and trac bar mounting brackets are sold separately (depending on the model Jeep you are building) and require welding to install them.
- The 70" WMS to WMS allows you to run a 4-3/4" back spaced wheel to reduce wheel "scrub".
More questions? Call us at 805-584-8635.
Be sure to click on More Pictures for larger more detailed images.
1987 YJ Rock Crawler
This Jeep is similar in many ways to the GR Growler YJ. My Jeep is used frequently on the hard core trails in AZ, CA, NV and UT. The Jeep has a Corvette V8, 700R4 transmission and Atlas TC, and 40" competition sticky tires. It has GR Elite suspension system, drive line, steering and Currie Rock Jock front and rear axles installed by GenRight. In the past I frequently broke Dana 60 ring and pinions. My rear Currie RJ 70 HD axle and front Currie RJ 60 HD Extreme axle has not failed in two years of hard core use. When considering a upgrade build consider a no-compromise GenRight suspension system and Currrie Rock Jock HD Extreme GenRight specification axles