This Aluminum Swing-Out Rear Tire Carrier and Aluminum Rear Bumper Package for the all new Jeep Wrangler JL is constructed from 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy.
The sleek design opens and closes effortlessly, and the unique 4-point design is urethane mounted to make it completely rattle-free.
Tire Carrier Features:
- 1-3/4" diameter x .188" thick wall 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy tubing.
- 4-point polyurethane mounting is rattle-free and will not open by itself.
- Carrier independent from the rear bumper.
- Swing out tube style carrier cage design opens effortlessly.
- Mounts to factory rear door hinges (strong & rattle-free).
- Hand TIG welded in a precision fixture for a perfect fit on your Jeep.
- Designed to hold from a 35" up to a 42" tire. (Max tire width 14.5")
- Fits any bolt pattern or wheel offset (stock wheels must be put in carrier backwards).
- Corrosion-resistant materials require no paint.
- Fits tighter to the rear tailgate than any other brand rear tire carrier (only 18" from the rear door).
- Improves your vehicles rear departure angle.
- License plate is re-located to center mount on tire carrier (from down on the rear bumper).
- Pre-drilled to pull license plate and 3rd brake light wiring through the tubes.
- Can be painted, powder coated too.
- Includes the GenRight Stop / Lock to hold the carrier open for you.
- Super light weight at only 72 lbs for both rear bumper and tire carrier!
- 100% Made in the USA.
- 100% TIG welded (as pictured)!
- Laser cut and CNC formed from heavy duty 3/16" Aluminum Alloy.
- Mounts flush the rear frame (less than 2" behind the body!)
- Includes a small integrated small entry step below rear door.
- Improves departure angle over stock bumper.
- Can still be used with factory 2" receiver hitch.
- Completely independent of the rear tire carrier.
- Protects the back of the Jeep from damage.
- Easy to install.
- Sold un-painted. The Bumper & Tire Carrier can be left in their "natural" brushed aluminum finish, painted or powder coated.
- Requires drilling of four 3/8" holes on drivers side to mount the two latch plates.
- Requires that the factory rear door hinges be removed so new GenRight hinges can be installed (no new holes required).
- Works with factory style tail lights (as pictured).
- Optional LED back up lights
- 160lb weight limit on the rear tire carrier, we DO NOT recommend any accessories be mounted on the carrier (gas cans, hi-lift jack, etc.).
Easy to hoist up the wheel to a single center hole and spin on to secure. Bumper is extremely lightweight and better than the stock steel unit but still machined to accept the parking sensors and retainers. Yep, when I went to 35’s the oscillations of the rear door bothered me in using the stock spare puzzle pieces cobbled together by Mopar, so I installed this setup and am pleased with it. I highly recommend this setup for anyone ready to upgrade their rig.
Love this aluminum combo!