Now you can explore with confidence with up to a 500 mile range!
This extra-capacity tank holds more than 30 gallons of gas allowing you to stay out on the trail longer without worrying about running out of gas! Yes, you can forget about transporting and handling those old gas cans!
This tank was specifically designed to hold an EXTRA 10 gallons of fuel AND still fit in the stock location! This tank bolts in to the rear underside area to replace your stock gas tank for those long-distance trips and keeps your center of gravity low by carrying the extra fuel down low in the stock location.
This GenRight Off Road Jeep gas tank has the same relation to the axle as the stock tank and occupies the exact same space as the stock tank, so if your suspension lift & axle combination works with your stock tank, it will work with this tank, too.
Yes, it can be used with or without the factory receiver hitch. Sorry, NO axle move back possible with this model.
- 30.5 Gallon capacity
- Tank is made of 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy and TIG welded.
- Includes a heavy duty 3/16" thick Skid Plate.
- There is a foam liner in-between the tank and skid plate.
- Stainless steel straps hold the tank in the skid plate.
- Multiple internal baffles to reduce fuel movement & keep fuel near the pick up.
- Uses the newer style stock Jeep XJ fuel module (pump/sending unit) 1997-2001.
- Works with the factory emissions and other related equipment so you will not get any check engine lights or other engine computer issues.
- Ground clearance is the same as stock or slightly lower depending on the model year Jeep you have.
- Includes two new factory Mopar roll over / vent valves.
- Patent Pending.
- We have only checked this tank to fit with a Dana 35 or 44 rear axles in the stock location (lift kits are OK). However, we know customers that have fit this tank with Ford 9" and Dana 60 rear axles, too. Aftermarket trac bar mounts may need to be modified, BUT if your lift kit and trac bar mount works with your stock tank, it will work with our gas tank, too.
- Some older model Jeep XJ's had the fuel pump module in the front of the tank. You may need to upgrade to the newer style pump module. This may or may not work with your factory fuel gauge in the instrument cluster.
- Range quoted above is calculated on 16MPG.
Click on "MORE PICTURES" to see more detailed photos.
- Jeep XJ
This guy is up in price significantly since Ive purchased mine.. but is a great addition and glad I did it.
I received this about 6 months ago. My 97 Cherokee has a 6.5 " long arm lift. It was not a easy replacement. I had to do a lot of modifications to the rear of the Jeep to make it fit because of the long arm add. We got it done and it works fine now. The tank and plate is built very well and am very happy with the product. Yes I would buy one again. It's nice to be able to go much further on a tank of gas.