This is the all new 36 Gallon Aluminum Gas Tank and Skid Plate from GenRight Off Road for use with the Jeep Wrangler JK Elite Suspension on a 4 door JK.
Now you can carry enough gas to explore your favorite areas or overland.
This fuel tank assembly is relocated to the rear muffler area and mounts in a way that still works with your factory gas filler. It even re-uses your factory fuel pump module so can work with all your factory emissions equipment so you won't get any check engine light or have computer issues.
- 36 gallon fuel capacity.
- Creates room for GenRight's triangulated 4 link suspension systems and larger rear axle.
- Under body rear mounting location keeps center of gravity low.
- Can re-use the factory Jeep fuel pump module (with optional GST-8645 extension kit).
- 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy fuel tank is TIG welded.
- Foam liner between tank & skid plate.
- Includes a 3/16" thick heavy duty steel skid plate.
- Includes all mounting hardware
- Includes stainless steel hold down strap.
- All tanks are 100% pressure tested.
- Patent Pending.
- Fuel tank is pre-assembled into a heavy duty skid plate at GenRight (as pictured).
- New factory Mopar roll over / vent valves reconnect to the EVAP system (shown in pictures).
- New fuel line tubing is included to adapt the tank to new more reward mounting location.
- New cargo area floor cover (BKT-8100) is included (see more pictures).
- This larger tank will only fit if the factory shock mount cross member is removed as part of installing the GenRight Elite suspension system.
- Fuel pump extension kit is required or switch to Dodge 2500 truck pump or the Aeromotive in-tank pump kits.
- Hangs slightly lower (1") than the factory muffler does (see more pictures), but it is worth the extra fuel!
- Because of shape and location changes, installation of this product, it will require changes to the exhaust tail pipe (most dump the exhaust just past the belly skid plate).
- Requires removal of the small compartment in rear floor (small tool storage depression, but the smaller jack compartment remains), as pictured.
- To install this product it does NOT require a body lift.
- Installing this tank will require switching to a Currie "AntiRock" type rear sway bars (see pictures). Because the stock sway bar must be removed.
- This tank can be used with factory tow hitch.
- This tank will only fit the Jeep Wrangler JKU (4 door).
- This tank is only CARB compliant, therefore not smog legal and deemed for Off Highway Use only in California.
- This product WILL NOT deliver without a live person to sign for the delivery.
Click on "PICTURES" to see larger more detailed photos.
- Jeep JK/JKU
The perfect option for my rig carrying extra fuel no need for gas cans anymore! I had a ton of questions and luckily Jeff at Genright was there to answer them all for me so I knew I was getting the right setup. It’s awesome not having to worry about filling up so often on long trips out to out favorite trails making our trips much more efficient!
This tank is a great choice if you are running a V8. The extra fuel makes up for the poor mileage of the bigger engine. I also put in the dual Phantom fuel pump so I have a back up fuel pump already to go in the tank at all times.
I opt'd for this upgrade when installing my JK Elite kit and it is really nice having the extra fuel for the long trips!