This is the Steel version of the GenRight "Swing Down" rear tire carrier for the Jeep TJ/LJ that we have used on many of the GenRight Jeeps for years. We call it the Boulder Series Tire Carrier.
We improved on an old design by adding additional tubes in key areas of the carrier "cage" to stiffen it. Then, we designed a new innovative mounting system to securely hold almost any tire & wheel combination from 33" to 42"!
In line with our other high quality products that allow you to keep your rear seat (or rear cargo area), this tube style tire carrier is made with Heavy Duty 1-1/2" diameter x .120" wall steel tubing. The result is a cutting edge tire carrier fits tight to the rear of the vehicle (only sticks back 15-1/2" off the tailgate!) for the best possible departure angle.
This is also a great rattle free way to hold a 33” to 42" spare tire that will not rip apart the back of your Jeep! Combine that with easy access by one person to change up to a 42" tire and you have a perfect choice for a trail rig with big tires.
This Rear Carrier includes:
- 1/4" thick internal gussets that tie the upper carrier to the rear cage mounts (specific to each model Jeep).
- (2) Lower pivot mounting brackets that can be welded to any bumper (no welding required if you purchase the optional rear cross member mounting plate).
- A beefy "T" Handle that has a heavy duty ACME thread holds the wheel into the cage for long term durability.
- A "fish" wire is pre-run through the carrier frame for a license plate and 3rd brake light(s).
- Greasable urethane bushings isolate each of the 4 mounting points to eliminate rattles!
- (2) Rear cross member mounting brackets (if optional rear cross member mount is not ordered).
- All necessary Grade 8 mounting hardware.
- Mounting brackets can provide from 0" up to 1.5" of adjustment to accommodate body lifts.
- The carrier cage is 100% MIG welded (as pictured) in a jig!
- Design makes it possible for one person to load and unload huge tires by themselves.
- Easily fits up to 42" diameter x 14.50" wide tires.
- Super light weight, entire assembly only weighs 55lbs (including bumper plate)!
- Improves departure angle.
- Unique design fits any bolt pattern and any offset wheel.
- Relocates the rear license plate to the center.
- Upper mounts are adjustable so you can make the pins easy to remove after everything settles.
- Upper pins are self locking so they won't fall out.
- Works with factory hard or soft tops.
- A heavy duty Rear Cross Member plate with a center "D" ring and lower pivot mounts pre-welded is sold separately (please add at check out as an option). It is intended to replace your rear bumper and improve your departure angle!
- (4) Lightening holes in mounting plate make an excellent spot to mount our new LED back up lights (LED1500).
- Sold Un-painted and requires some finish work before painting.
- This product should be fully installed BEFORE painting and then removed for paint or powder coating.
- There is an inner re-enforcement plate that can be ordered as an option to further re-enforce the rear cross member (RBB-1007)
- When lowered, it can be walked on as a ramp to reach gear in the back of your Jeep.
- Rubber bumper shown on top of carrier frame in pictures is transferred from the Jeep’s tailgate door.
- A matching front bumper / stinger is also available (FBB-2010 & FBB2100)
Due to size limitations this product or products may have to ship via freight carrier.
In such cases, shipping prices represent estimates only and are subject to change based on delivery requirements.
You may be contacted by a GenRight representative to discuss shipping options and final charges.
- Jeep TJ/LJ
The rep I spoke to on the phone pointed me in the right direction for what would be best for my application. He also emailed me instructions after I lost them somehow! Great customer service, just a phone call away.
Lost my original paperwork and now I'm having a tough time installing their product. I can't find anything online that gives me any reference to parts used, installation, or bolts!!!