This is the Steel version of the GenRight "Swing Down" rear tire carrier that we have used on many of the GenRight off road Jeeps for years. We call it the Boulder Series Tire Carrier.
We improved on an old design by adding additional tubes in key areas of the carrier "cage" to stiffen it. Then, we designed a new innovative mounting system to securely hold almost any tire & wheel combination from 33" to 42"!
In line with our other high quality products that allow you to keep your rear seat (or rear cargo area), this tube style tire carrier is made with Heavy Duty 1-1/2" diameter x .120" wall steel tubing. The result is a cutting edge tire carrier fits tight to the rear of the vehicle (only sticks back 15-1/2" off the tailgate!) for the best possible departure angle.
This is also a great rattle free way to hold a 33” to 42" spare tire that will not rip apart the back of your Jeep! Combine that with easy access by one person to change up to a 42" tire and you have a perfect choice for a trail rig with big tires.
This Rear Carrier includes:
- 1/4" thick internal gussets that tie the upper carrier to the rear cage mounts (specific to each model Jeep).
- (2) Lower pivot mounting brackets that can be welded to any bumper (no welding required if you purchase the optional rear cross member mounting plate) or get our high clearance bumper plate.
- A beefy "T" Handle with a heavy duty ACME thread to hold the tire/wheel into the carrier "cage" for long term durability.
- A "fish" wire is pre-run through the carrier frame for a license plate and 3rd brake light(s).
- Greasable urethane bushings isolate each of the 4 mounting points to eliminate rattles!
- All necessary Grade 8 mounting hardware.
- All the mounting brackets provided work from 0" up to 1.5" of adjustment to accommodate body lifts.
- The carrier cage is 100% MIG welded (as pictured) in a jig!
- Design makes it possible for one person to load and unload huge tires by themselves.
- Easily fits up to 42" diameter x 14.50" wide tires.
- Super light weight, entire assembly only weighs 55lbs (including bumper plate)!
- Improves the vehicles departure angle.
- Unique design fits any bolt pattern and any offset wheel.
- Relocates the rear license plate to the center.
- Upper mounts are adjustable so you can make the pins easy to remove after everything settles.
- Upper pins are self locking so they won't fall out.
- Works with factory hard or soft tops.
- A heavy duty Rear Cross Member plate with tow points AND two lower pivot mounts pre-welded is sold separately (please add at check out as an option). It is intended to replace your rear bumper and improve your departure angle!
- (4) Lightening holes in mounting plate make an excellent spot to mount our new LED back up lights (LED1500) or the NEW (LED1001S).
- Sold Un-painted and requires some finish work before painting.
- This product should be fully installed BEFORE painting and then removed for paint or powder coating.
- When lowered, the tire/wheel assembly in the carrier cage, can be walked on as a ramp up to reach gear in the back of your Jeep.
- Rubber bumper shown on top of carrier frame in pictures is transferred from the Jeep’s tailgate door.
- A matching front bumper / stinger is also available (FBB-2010 & FBB2100).
- An Aluminum version of this tire carrier is also available (RTC3X40).
Due to size limitations this product or products may have to ship via freight carrier.
In such cases, shipping prices represent estimates only and are subject to change based on delivery requirements.
You may be contacted by a GenRight representative to discuss shipping options and final charges.
This tire carrier is worth the money and I love everything about it, it's very well engineered and as sturdy as you can get! Not to mention it looks awesome! Genright customer service is some of the best out there too, just thought I'd put that out there. If you're thinking about getting this tire carrier I say go for it!
The GR rear tire carrier is very well engineered and installation is a snap. Carrying a spare larger than a 35" inch on anything else will rip the back of your rig apart and rattle enogh to drive you nuts. We run 37's -42's in this carrier without any issues.......superior product!
This tire carrier is amazing, and super easy to install. It only took a couple hours to completely install on the jeep, and now I have a great tire carrier and have already used it for as protection to the backside of the jeep when i'm coming off a ledge. Its really easy to get the spare tire in and out of it since it drops it down to the ground. Very well thought out and well designed carrier.