This is the Crawler™ Extended Range Gas Tank to fit a CJ-7 & CJ-8 (1974 to 1986) models.
This is a replacement tank for the stock Jeep 15 or 20 gallon tanks. The GenRight tank re-uses the factory filler hoses, fuel pump, vent valves and ties into the factory Emissions system.
It's prefect for those guys who are stuck with the stock sheet metal 15 gallon tank. This tank holds an EXTRA 5 gallons of fuel AND still fits in the stock location in a Jeep CJ-7 for those long distance trips.
Sorry NO axle move back possible with this model tank and ground clearance is the same as stock CJ tank skid.
For a tank with similar features but will allow some axle relocation and better ground clearance see the EXT for the CJ which allows for bigger rear axles and up to 5" stretch!
This new tank will accept the factory CJ fuel pick and sending unit BUT it was designed to accept the factory Jeep YJ in-tank fuel module which is better for those guys who have converted their Jeep over to fuel injection! Each tank is supplied with a blank adaptor plate for those guys who want to continue running the factory fuel pick up/sending unit.
- Tank is made from 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy
- Includes a heavy duty 3/16" thick steel skid plate that matches the shape of the tank.
- Multiple internal baffles to reduce fuel movement.
- Patented SUMP keep fuel near the pick up.
- Works with the factory CJ pick up/sending unit or the YJ in-tank fuel pump.
- Ground clearance is the same as a CJ with the factory 20 gallon fuel tank.
- 20 Gallon total fuel capacity.
- Pre-assembled with new factory Mopar vent valves and a stainless steel strap.
- Reuses all the factory hoses and EVAP connections.
- Includes rubber gasket for factory YJ pump/sending unit.
- Made in U.S.A.
- We only guarantee this tank will fit with Dana 20 or similar sized rear axles (like Ford 9") in the stock location!
- If you will be using the factory YJ fuel module/pick up you will need to lengthen the in-tank portion 1" to reach the bottom of the tank.
- Already have the GenRight Heavy Duty gas tank skid plate? Then you can purchase just the tank.
- The YJ sending unit is not compatible with the factory CJ fuel gauge in the stock CJ speedometer, BUT it is compatible with all aftermarket fuel gauges!
Click on "MORE PICTURES" to see more detailed photos.
- Jeep CJ
When I saw your tank I was impressed and decided it was the one I needed. After receiving it I am even more impressed, the baffle system looks similar to a helicopter tank baffle without the flapper doors. The design and workmanship is awesome as I expected. I have a 79 304 CJ-7, I have wanted one since I was in school. I have rebuilt the engine, transmission, transfer case, front and rear differentials. I also installed a serpentine belt system, power brake booster and rear disk brakes. Thanks for building a quality product!!!