This is the GenRight Frame side Trac Bar Mounting Bracket Kit for the Jeep Wrangler TJ or LJ (1997 - 2006). This is the same design we have reliably run on our GenRight Jeeps for years, including on Jordan's 4500 Class KOH racer!
Front Trac Bar Bracket Kit FEATURES:
- The mount is designed to fit the shape of the Jeep TJ & LJ frame(s).
- Matches the height & distance on the frame from the steering box using our pitman arm for ideal geometry.
- When used with the GenRight pitman arm, the assemble can be slid forward on the frame to allow for front end stretch.
- Laser cut from 1/4" thick steel so the pieces fit together like a glove.
- Interlocking puzzled design.
- Includes two gussets, as pictured.
- Uses a 9/16" bolt in double shear.
- Designed for a 2-5/8" wide Johnny Joint, heim or bushing.
- Sold as a weld-on kit (as pictured).
- This kit requires cutting off the stock trac bar mount and welding on this new mount.
- A trac bar between the frame and front axle are required, before use. (Axle side bracket FSM1003, sold separately).
- We normally add a tube brace from passenger side frame into the back of the trac bar mount. This also allows up to install a center limit strap.
- Designed to work with our 3 link but can be adapted to work with just about anything.
- Once installed, you MUST cycle the front suspension and steering (in all possible combinations & directions) to make sure NONE of the steering or suspension components will bind or otherwise collide with each other. DO NOT exceed the range of motion which would damage the steering or suspension components and could cause a failure resulting in a loss of steering control!
To see larger more detailed images of this product click on the "PICTURES" to open window.