This is the Rear DOUBLE Triangulated 4 link cross member kit for the Jeep Wrangler JK from GenRight.
We have figured out all the mounting points for proper geometry (weight transfer, rear steer and minimal anti-squat, etc.) to make your rig a top notch crawler with awesome articulation.
The cross member is pre-welded, but still needs to be welded to the frame by the installer. The Cross member kit is designed to attach to the frame next to your stock (or aftermarket) transfer case skid plate.
The Bracket Kit FEATURES:
- This mount is cut at an angle to keep the suspension joints in a "neutral" position so they do not waste any of the joints range of motion and cause damage to the joint in those CRAZY articulation spots on the trail.
- Kit can be used with Johnny Joints or FK Heims.
- DOUBLE triangulated 4 link design eliminates the need for a rear trac bar.
- The mounts in this kit are designed to mount in a specific location on a Jeep JK.
- The mounts DO NOT tie into the transfer case skid plate. This allows unobstructed access to the transmission and transfer case for service.
- Designed to work with our light weight aluminum JK Flat belly skid plates, 6061-T6: SKP-8600 or 7075-T6: SKP-8500.
- Heavy Duty 1/4 & 3/16" thick laser cut cross member with integrated lower control arm mounts.
- One pair of upper control arm mounts (not pictured).
We recommend the following to help complete the project (hyperlinks listed below):
- Our rear coilover shock mounting kit (RSM-8001) to make relocation (of the spring and shock, if using a coilover type shock) easier and provide better shock dampening.
- Consider converting to the King 2.5" diameter coilover shocks at this time. Combined with the above listed shock mount it will make installing this rear suspension kit much easier.
- We offer a Rear Sway Bar kit for better on-road stability.
- Converting to our rear mounted JK gas tank will be necessary. This will also allow you to take advantage of all the rear suspension's articulation.
Because of this kits super flexy (knife edge feeling) nature it is recommended for vehicles driven mostly off road. Therefore we recommend the Currie rear sway bar kit p/n: CE9900JKR4
- Requires removal of the factory gas tank to make room for the 4 link. Use GenRight rear mounted gas tank p/n: GST-8002-2
- This kit requires cutting and welding for proper mounting.
- Requires NO body or engine lift.
- A universal rear axle bridge is now available for Dana 44, 14 Bolts and Dana 60 rear axles.
This is a “Builders Kit”. Builders Kit parts are sold to the guy who wants to “do it their way” and who does not need tech support. There are too many product combinations and variables for us to advise you sight unseen. If you need instructions or tech help, please buy the kit as we designed it.