This is a 4 Pass cooler (8-1/8" Wide x 5" tall x 3/4" deep), that is an excellent tube-fin heat exchanger, which improves the longevity and overall functioning of your vehicle's power steering system.
It installs on the low pressure (return side) of the steering system. It is made with high quality copper tubing with aluminum fins to efficiently dissipate heat..
- Cuts back on heat-related pump failures
- Extends the life of both pump and seal by lowering the operating tempature
- Designed with copper tubing expanded into aluminum fins for maximum heat transfer
- Copper is the best material for conducting the heat out of the fluid while aluminum is ideal for transferring and dissipating that heat
- Provides protection during installation with extruded plastic fin guards
- Includes rubber hose with stainless steel clamps and all necessary mounting hardware
- Made in USA
- Inlets: 11/32" hose barb
- Overall dimensions: 8-1/8" wide x 5" tall x 3/4" deep
- Core length: 5-1/4"
- Distance between inlets: 3-3/4"
- 1-Year warranty
Perhaps the simplest type of heat exchanger, the tube-fin effectively cools a variety of automotive systems. The concept is simple: Fluid cools as it travels through the core by transferring heat out to the fins. The fins then provide the surface area necessary for sufficient heat exchange to take place, allowing the heat pulled from the fluid to dissipate into the surrounding air. Quick, easy and effective.
I run 42" tires and push my ram assist steering hard. This little cooler does an amazing job and keeps my steering system alive.
It is amazing to me how well this small cooler keeps your steering fluid cool. Great add on!