This is the GenRight Drag Link Correction Kit with heims rod ends.
This kit will correct the angles and issues inherent in long travel front suspensions (issue being; not enough down travel on the drag link heims when both pitman arm and hi-steer arm are flat).
We create DOUBLE shear mounts at both ends using stronger 5/8" Grade 8 bolts. This Heavy Duty kit will hold up to big tires and off-road abuse. Got a hydraulic ram? It will work with that too.
Kit FEATURES include:
- "Twisted" pitman arm to utilize the full range of motion in a heim rod end.
- Hi-Steer arm mount that is angled to match pitman arm.
- Both products are laser cut & CNC form from 1/4" thick steel plate.
- Design is puzzled together for maximum interlocked strength.
- Stronger than stock Double Shear design.
- Includes 5/8" size Grade 8 hardware.
- Tapered spline is TIG welded into the GenRight Twisted arm.
- 5-1/2" center to center (same as stock TJ or YJ).
- Unique internal thread for easy removal from sector shaft.
- (1) Cap for pitman arm threads.
- (1) 36" long x 1-3/8" thick wall DOM tubing.
- (1) 7/8 threaded bung, LH.
- (1) 7/8 threaded bung, RH.
- (1) 7/8 Jam nut, LH.
- (1) 7/8 Jam nut, RH.
- (1) FK brand 7/8" shank CrMo Heim, LH.
- (1) FK brand 7/8" shank CrMo Heim, RH.
- (4) Hi-Misalignment spacers.
Why Heim rod ends? We prefer the heims over the standard or heavy duty "tapered style" tie rod ends because, over the years we have seen the taper on the tie rod end SPLIT too many steel knuckles! This is the exact same steering set up we have used on our GenRight rigs since 2005, and it works great!
- This kit requires cutting and welding to properly install it on a off road vehicle.
- This kit requires moving the axle side trac bar mounting location to match the new higher drag link position!!!
- Once installed, you must cycle the front suspension and steering to make sure the hi-misalignment heims do not exceed their range of motion which would damage the steering components!