This is a complete replacement roll cage kit for your Jeep CJ-7.
It was carefully designed for maximum foot room and visibility.
Yes, this cage has head room for rear seat passengers too!
It is made from .120" heavy wall 1-3/4" D.O.M. (Drawn Over Mandrel) seamless tubing and includes all new heavy duty Laser Cut 3/16" thick brackets to mount the cage to your Jeep's tub with precision and provide maximum protection to you and your passengers in the event of a roll over.
Kit includes new bungs to mount the factory seat belts (if you choose to re-use factory-type seat belts).
- All tubes are laser notched, and keyed to puzzle together for easy assembly and a precision fit.
- Heavy duty 1-3/4" DOM steel tubing is CNC mandrel bent.
- Laser-cut and CNC-formed 3/16" mounting brackets.
- Solid 6-point mounting to the tub.
- Cage can be tied into frame with optional kit, for maximum strength.
- Designed to work with factory Hard Top and Soft Tops.
- Compatible with factory/aftermarket Full doors, Soft doors, and Half doors.
- Maximized visibility with a low profile dash bar.
- Unmatched floor space and foot clearance with GenRight dash-to-floor stanchions.
- 2 piece stanchion design makes the cage removable (for paint, powder coat, etc.).
- Lower leg stanchion also reinforces the tub by bolting through the lower door hinge.
- 3 grab handles (driver, passenger and center) are included.
- Includes all new Grade 8 mounting hardware.
- Includes bungs for the factory seat belts.
- Detailed installation instructions are included with the kit.
- Optional tube kit "bars" are available and recommended for maximum protection.
- This is a kit, and sold un-welded. This kit requires welding by the end user.
- It is best to build the cage in the Jeep it will be going in.
- This KIT requires complete removal of the stock roll bar (and most of the interior).
- If using full hard doors, you will have to provide clearance for the door where it meets the heavy duty 3/16" thick stanchion plate at the dash.
- After welding the cage, it is possible to remove the entire roll cage for powder coating.
- See cage Options when checking out.
- Due to the grab handle placement on the A-pillar, the corner of the sun visors will need to be trimmed to swing properly.
- An 1/8" thick aluminum roof is now available for additional roll over protection.
- If there is any chance you want an aluminum roof, it is MUCH more economical for shipping to order it with the cage.
Fitment was near perfect with minor adjustments. Only concern was lack of instructions regarding which hardware goes where. A few bolts weren’t quite long enough. Overall though, I highly recommend this product over any other on the market! Thank you again GenRight for answering my question about which safari top options to consider.
Just had the GenRight cage installed in my 82. Fantastic piece of equipment. Great design, perfect fit. IMO the benchmark in the industry.
We are VERY happy with our most recent purchase of a GenRight roll cage! We have a big trip planned to Tennessee next week, and I’m sure we will be repairing or upgrading something afterwards. And this will give us a chance to get more GenRight parts! Thanks again for making a quality product and having great customer service! Austin and Tasha
The lazer notches made the install all but idiot proof, my father and I put the cage together in 6 hrs. using tie straps and a welder we tacked it in place and has it ready for finished welding all in one day. My father who has seen allot of metal in his life and built allot of things said “ this is really nice ! It’s so easy to put together I’m glad you got this, this would have taken weeks to build ourselves and would not have come out this nice. “ everywhere I went with the cage people were asking me where I got it. It’s so many levels above any other design in quality and design it really shows and even non Jeep non car people ( My wife ) can Immediately tell it’s something really special! So far as safely it’s so well built and designed my father who was initially concerned about me Killing myself in a CJ actually mentioned that even if you got in an accident it’s probably safer than his mercedes.