This is the new tank from GenRight Off Road to stretch the rear axle back up to 5" on the 2 door Jeep JK!
Building your JK into the ultimate rock crawler? Then we have the tank so you can put a 4-Link rear suspension in you Jeep JK.
This is the GenRight Crawler™ Gas Tank to fit a Jeep JK (2007 - Current). It is specifically designed to REMOVE & replace the factory tank from under the middle of the vehicle so you can run true Rock Crawling triangulated 4 link rear suspension (yes, no trac bar!).
This tank follows in a line of innovative and trail proven, top quality gas tanks produced by GenRight.
This new JK tank assembly is designed to fit in the rear muffler area and mounts in a way that still works with your factory gas filler. It even re-uses your factory fuel pump module so can work with all your factory emissions equipment so you won't get any check engine light or have computer issues.
- Reshaped tank creates room for up to 5" of rear axle stretch.
- Rear mounted tank allows for the better triangulated rear 4 link suspension systems.
- Mounting location keeps center of gravity low.
- Hi Clearance (no lower than the factory muffler, does not hurt departure angle).
- 22 gallon fuel capacity.
- Re-uses the stock Jeep fuel pump module (or the Aeromotive Phantom).
- 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy tank is TIG welded.
- Foam liner between tank & skid plate.
- Includes a 3/16" thick heavy duty steel skid plate, powder coated.
- Stainless steel hold down strap.
- All tanks are 100% pressure tested.
- Patent Pending.
- 100% Made in USA!
- Fully assembled fuel tank in a Heavy Duty skid plate.
- New factory Mopar roll over / vent valves.
- New tubing to adapt tank to new mounting location.
- New aluminum cargo area floor cover.
- This tank was designed to be used with our 2 door JK Stretch suspension kit.
- Because of shape and location changes, installation of this product requires changes to the exhaust.
- Requires removal of the rear floor tool storage area (the jack remains in the very rear compartment).
- To install this product it does NOT require a body lift.
- If a rear sway bar is desired, installing this tank will requires switching to a Currie "AntiRock" type rear sway bars. Because the stock sway bar must be removed.
- Reconnects to the factory EVAP system, but is only CARB compliant (not smog legal) therefore only for Off Highway Use in California.
Click on "PICTURES" to see larger more detailed photos.
Thanks to this gas tank I am now able to run a triangulated four link on my JK. The fuel tank took care of the low hanging under belly. I love that I don’t have that loss of ground clearance anymore.