This is the GenRight Crawler™ EXT (Extreme) Gas Tank to fit a Jeep Wrangler TJ / LJ (1997-2006). It is specifically designed to allow for more clearance between the rear axle and the gas tank so you can lengthen your Jeeps wheelbase AND keep the same capacity as stock!
Wanna go to 40's? You are going to need bigger axles. This heavy duty tank is trail proven and made to accommodate such upgrades. Besides this production built gas tank is re-shaped to make more room under the Jeep for a stretch AND bigger axles! That way you can keep your back seat to bring the family on your 4 wheeling adventures. The assembly mounts in the factory location and is it designed to work with all your factory emissions equipment so you won't get any check engine lights or have computer issues.
- 1" more ground clearance than stock.
- Improved departure angle.
- Same as stock, 19.5 gallon fuel capacity.
- Creates more room for BIG aftermarket axles.
- Shape allows for 5" of rear wheelbase stretch (with Dana 44)
- Mounts in stock tank location (under the Jeep).
- Stock mounting location keeps center of gravity low.
- Accepts the stock Jeep fuel pump/sensor.
- 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy tank is TIG welded.
- Foam liner between tank & skid plate.
- Includes a 3/16" thick heavy duty steel skid plate.
- Assembled with stainless steel straps.
- Includes factory Mopar roll over / vent valves.
- Internal baffles reduce fuel movement and keep fuel near the pick up.
- All tanks are 100% pressure tested.
- Patent Pending.
- Because of shape and location changes, installation of this product MAY require changes to the last 14" of the exhaust tail pipe.
- To install this tank in a 2003 or newer Jeep, it might require a small (1") body lift.
- Fits well with Currie brand Anti-Rock type rear sway bars. Due to the fact that this tank is pushed back 5", the installer will need to carefully pull the fuel line and electrical a little rearward to reconnect them to the fuel pump (not a problem there is plenty of length in the line to reach).
- We offer two other models with more stretch; the COMP model for up to 7" of stretch and the ALIEN for up to 9" of stretch.
- We also offer a tank that increases fuel capacity (to 25 gallons) and offers Extended Range (sorry no stretch) model GST-2003.
Click on PICTURES to see more detailed photos.
- Jeep TJ/LJ
The fit and finish on this tank is amazing. It's too bad most of the tank is unseen under the jeep. I was a simple swap and install, only took basic hand tools I have in my garage. A must have for the rear axle clearance on my Currie 60 rear axle.
This gas tank has to be one of the best built drool over pieces of art I've ever installed onto a vehicle. Welds are top notch, construction spot on, and instructions....actually is in color with steps! Gas tank fit extremely well, install wasn't terrible, and it works as advertised. After install the skid plate got its first work out after a shotty mechanic installed an axle shaft under warranty and I lost my wheel and had to curb the jeep. Ran the skid plate 30ft down a concrete curb and barely a scratch. Can't say enough great things about this company will be ordering more products soon.
I am running this tank on my 02 TJ with a Rock Krawler 5" stretch. I have a beefy aftermarket diff cover and this tank gives plenty of clearance even with the extended wheelbase. The welds are beautiful and the attention to detail is top notch. Very impressed with the quality of the tank and the skid plate.
I run these tanks on both of my stretched TJ's. Let me put it this way: There is no other product on the market that allows you to stretch your wheelbase, keep your tank down where it belongs AND has no tradeoff in fuel capacity. If you're stretching your TJ's wheelbase, this tank is the centerpiece of your build. I can also vouch for it's construction... I'm not sure how many hits they have taken on the trail, but I can tell you when I come down hard on my tank, I don't worry.
I added the tank to my 97 TJ to stretch the wheel base to 100". One of the best mods to my jeep.