It was designed for anyone who wants a departure angle, but still have the ability to move a trailer or run a rear hitch rack.
The 3/16" thick steel plate will also beef-up your rear frame cross member AND the two rear body mounts.
Super strong design ties into the top, bottom and back of your Jeep's frame.
This newest model (V.2) has thick weld-on pieces (from the inside or the cross member and frame) for more strength (and less flex) but the rest of the plate bolts-on.
It includes 2 heavy duty D-ring tow points that are MIG welded on.
Compatible with the GenRight Off Road Swing Out Rear Tire Carriers.
- High clearance 2" receiver hitch incorporated into the plate.
- Hi-Strength design is C channel shape fits over and under the rear frame and cross member.
- Laser cut and CNC formed for a perfect fit.
- Built in step acts as a truss.
- Functional dimple die patterns is stamped into the step for dependable foot traction in any conditions.
- 1" wide Shackle mounts fit 7/8" size D-rings (D-ring shackles sold separately REC-2102).
- Shackle Mounts are fully welded from both sides.
- Beefs-up rear section of the Jeep's frame.
- Can be used by itself as a bumper for a better departure angle.
- Installation is involved, see notes below.
- Includes Grade 8 mounting hardware.
- Shipped to you un-painted.
- This product is not rated for towing! It is only meant for moving a trailer into storage, a cargo rack, a step or bicycle rack.
- Requires dropping the gas tank to weld-in stiffeners to back side of cross member and frame (see video).
- Requires cutting a 2" square hole in the rear cross member (see video).
- This product includes our RBB-1100 "Rear Frame to Bumper Tie-in kit" for extra strength.
- Installation requires, you remove the 2 rear body mounts and slip this plate under them.
- This style bumper plate will fit a YJ (and can be used as a bumper), but will require more welding to install it.
- A swing out tire carrier can not be directly bolted onto a YJ as the gas filler is in the same location as the latch plate. So unless you have re-located the gas filler, sorry.
- Is NOT a direct bolt-on for CJ's (please see part number RBB-1008).
Click on any picture to see larger more detailed images!
I know it's not "rated" for towing but GenRight really built this bumper extremely well. I have a small tent trailer that I tow behind my jeep and have had zero issues for since purchasing it in 2016.
I have running this bumper for 7 years. I don't use it to tow anything heavy but it works great for my jet skis!