This is the GenRight "Swing Out" rear tire carrier for the Jeep TJ or Jeep LJ.
This particular tire carrier is constructed of Aluminum tubing. In line with our other high quality products that allow you to keep your rear seat (or rear cargo area), this tube style tire carrier is made with Heavy Duty 1-3/4" diameter x .188" wall Aluminum tubing. The result is a cutting edge tire carrier fits tight to the rear of the vehicle (only sticks back 15-1/2" off the tailgate!) for the best possible departure angle.
This is also a great rattle free way to hold a 33” to 42" spare tire that will not rip apart the back of your Jeep! Combine that with easy access by one person to change up to a 42" tire and you have a perfect choice for a trail rig with big tires.
This Rear Carrier Includes:nde
- 1/4" thick mounting brackets.
- A beefy "T" Handle that has a heavy duty ACME thread for long term durability.
- Pre-run with a "fish-wire" to pull wires for license plate and 3rd brake light through the tire carrier tube frame.
- Greasable urethane bushings isolate each of the 4 mounting points to eliminate rattles!
- All necessary Grade 8 mounting hardware.
- Mounting brackets can provide up to 1/2" of adjustment to accommodate for weight of tire.
- The carrier cage is 100% TIG welded (as pictured)!
- Design makes it easy to get in the Jeeps rear tailgate door.
- Tire mount can be adjusted up or down 3" (for better ground clearance or visibility).
- Easily fits up to 42" diameter x 14.50" wide tires.
- Super light weight, entire assembly only weighs 25lbs!
- Improves departure angle.
- Unique design fits any bolt pattern and any offset wheel.
- Relocates the rear license plate to the center.
- Upper mounts are adjustable so you can make the pins easy to remove after everything settles.
- Upper pins are self locking so they won't fall out.
- Works with factory hard or soft tops.
- 100% Made in U.S.A.
- Will NOT work with factory tail lights on a TJ or LJ! Please use a low profile LED tail light like our: LED-1100 or LED-MBTAIL.
- We recommend running Corner Guards when installing this tire carrier to help support the extra weight on the tub.
- Sold Un-painted and can be left in the natural brushed aluminum finish.
- If painting or powder coating the tire carrier or parts it will requires some finish work before painting (if desired).
- This product should be FULLY installed BEFORE painting and then removed for paint or powder coating.
- This tire carrier is made to carry a 160lb tire & wheel.
- DO NOT over load this carrier with gas cans or other heavy items or it will damage the jeep or carrier.
- We offer a matching rear bumper "plate" RTC-3520
- A matching front bumper / stinger is also available (steel FBB-2105 or aluminum FBB-2145 & steel FBB-2100 or aluminum FBB-2110).
- Sorry, this carrier will NOT work on the Jeep YJ or CJ, as the lower mount goes right where the gas filler is!
- Jeep TJ/LJ
Light enough to carry in one hand and super strong. The build quality on these are top-notch, every weld is perfect. This thing is silent, absolutely zero rattle! I had some questions about this when I ordered it and when I was installing it, and Genright's customer service got back to me within minutes when I had questions, hands down the best customer service I've experienced!
I picked this up for my 97 TJ. Although I feel the instructions could use a bit of work it was pretty simple to install and works amazingly. Well worth its price point. Not to mention how good it looked even with a 33 in it.
I have used 4 different tire carrier option on my jeep in the past. This is by far the best tire carrier I have ever bought. I wish, I had just gotten this to begin with. The aluminum version is super strong without adding additional unneeded weight to the rear of the Jeep. One of my favorite jeep upgrades I have done to date.
I went through 2 other brand tire carriers before finally spending the money on the GenRight one. I should have bought this one to begin with and just been done with it. FINALLY ZERO RATTLE! The fit and finish is crazy impressive. Worth every penny.