This is the PSC ram assist steering upgrade for any Jeep Wrangler JL or Gladiator JT running an aftermarket front axle (including Currie 60 or Dynatrac 60 axles).
This is a HUGE upgrade from the stock hydro electric steering system AND necessary if running big tires.
It is an entirely new steering system and the same thing Tony uses on our Aftershock Jeep JL.
We have spec'd the most powerful "Stage 4" valving (for 37 - 42" tires), unique hose fittings and longer hose lengths to work with our long travel suspension kit.
The Stage 4 valving provides a reduced effort off-road and less feedback up to the steering wheel, but great drivability at highway speeds.
- For 4 door Jeep Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT (2018 to current)
- For the Jeep 3.6L V6 Gas Engine
- Stage 4 power steering pump
- Ram Assist Steering is designed to:
- Dampen feedback into the steering wheel.
- Good for turning larger tires.
- Take stress off gear box.
- Will get you off the trail when all else fails.
- New PSC Steering Big Box (ported for Ram Assist) for the Jeep JL & JT 2018 to Current.
- Ram Assist Hydraulic Cylinder (1-3/4" Bore x 6-3/4" Stroke).
- Heim Rod Ends for the Ram.
- JL Engine Mount Bracket Kit.
- Complete Hose and Fitting Kit.
- High Volume Steering Pump Kit, 2018 to Current PSC pump.
- Aluminum Remote Fluid Reservoir for the pump.
- New (longer) serpentine belt.
- This steering kit is unique to GenRight and built for us by PSC.
- Use only Swepco 715 Power Steering Fluid in all PSC Systems.
- To install the ram mounts on the Tie rod requires welding.
- When installing steering on a JL or JT, be aware of the clock spring in the steering column. You must not allow the wheel to turn while installing this kit!
- Allow 8 hours for an experienced tech to install.
Please click on the Pictures to see larger images with more detail
- Jeep JL
- Jeep Gladiator
- Jeep JL/JT
This system is much better than the stock hydro electric system. Less play in the steering wheel and more power to turn with lockers on. It turns my 40" tires with ease, even on the pavement!