This is the GenRight rear sway bar kit to fit a Jeep TJ, LJ or YJ.
This kit was designed to add stability to your lifted or long travel Jeep. It is a weld-on kit.
Our sway bar is about 30% stiffer than other brand Anit-Rock type sway bars and the bar and bearings are larger in diameter for durability off-road.
These sway bars are custom made for GenRight to fit the width of a Jeep frame and survive up to 16" travel shocks (when properly mounted).
This is the type of sway bar that you leave connected all the time, on-road AND off-road.We believe in only running a rear sway bar. In fact, this sway bar is so good a front sway bar is not necessary. Plus it helps to simplify what is already a very tight packaging on the front axle.
Our kit includes:
- (2) 16" long solid arms
- (1) 48 spline 1-1/4" diameter bar
- (2) CNC machined sway bar bushings
- (4) Adjustable heims at both ends of the links
- (2) Tabs to mount the bar on frame (as shown in pictures)
- (1) Tube to enclose the sway bar in the mounts.
- (4) Double shear tabs to weld on the axle
- All the proper Grade 8 mounting hardware
- Installation instructions and diagrams
- Made in USA!
Unlike other brands, we provide you with all the mounting tabs and brackets, including a 4' long tube to house the main sway bar in for mounting. Then you cut the link tubes to the proper length (to match your lift) and weld in the threaded inserts.
Designed to work on lifted Jeeps using our coil over shock suspension. It can be mounted forward of the axle as pictured or behind the axle over the rear of the gas tank.
- This kit requires drilling (of the arms), cutting the tube to length and welding of the mounts to properly install it.
- We also offer a more narrow version for CJ-7's with coil overs to that Jeeps frame width (SWB-1004).
- Front sway bars are available for TJ/LJ (SWB-1001)
Be sure to click on More Pictures to see more detailed images.
I installed this in my YJ. I have been running a long travel coilovers suspension for 10 years without a sway bar. This has been sitting in the corner of my garage for 4 years waiting for an axles swap. I can’t tell you the difference it makes. I was totally blow away. Even my wife commented on how much it changed the Jeep on and offroad. It makes every aspect better. It seems stiff on the road but it makes for a very balanced suspension offroad. It doesn’t make the front do all of the work like I expected. Both front and rear seem to move at the same rates. It also keeps the rig super planted when off camber. I can’t believe I waited so long to install it. One of the best mods i have ever done. Another great product by Gen-Right! 5 stars aren’t enough.
This swaybar kit is a must to complete your build. I run this with my stretch and coilover build. If you're looking for a swaybar that works with the rear 4 link and a stretch, then you've found it. I love the stability and confidence on off camber sections as well.