This is a surface mounted LED tail light from Maxbilt LED (Light Emitting Diode) tail light for a Jeep TJ, LJ, YJ or CJ-7 (and JK in our corner guards).
This is a manufacturer for GenRight that offers a no bones about it lifetime warranty! This stealthy LED tail light is the same light we run on all our GenRight Jeeps (including the Terremoto) and is a real eye catcher AND easy to install (no drilling required)!
- Surface mount type (sticks out only 3/4").
- NO DRILLING! They mount through the two factory tail light holes.
- Built in reverse LED lights.
- Built in side marker LED lights.
- Durable Hi-impact molded design is vibration and water proof.
- High intensity LED pattern is a unique deep red color.
- Each light housing has red running and stop LED's.
- 5" overall diameter.
- Includes new Stainless Steel allen bolts and shrink connectors.
- This is not plug and play. It will require minor wiring. You will need to cut off the factory plug and re-connect each wire.
- A modified 5 Pin Flasher Unit will be required (LED-1300) for installation on any '01 to '06 Jeep TJ & LJ models.
- Older Jeep models ('97-00 TJ's, YJ's & CJ's) will need an "electronic" 4 Pin Flasher unit too, but those can be purchased at your local auto parts store.
- These lights do not have the ability to illuminate your license plate. We offer a separate LED license plate light LED-1650.
- Warranty coverage is: Mfg will replace for the lifetime you own it!
- We also offer another lower cost LED tail light (LED-1100) that is fully recessed (flush).
- Do NOT over tighten the tail light onto the corner of the Jeep. It will damage the internal circuitry!
Click the picture to see larger more detailed images!
Super clean look and a must when using body armor.
I agree with everything said about these lights. I’m glad I have them on my YJ Jeep. But … check your state laws regarding illuminating your license plate during night driving, if your Jeep is operated on the street. These lights do not illuminate your license plate. If you install these rear lights and your state wants your license plate illuminated at night, realize that you’re going to have another job to do … putting illumination onto your license plate. GenRight sells a LED license plate light that‘s fine for this.
These are some of the best tail lights I've seen. They work great and take a ton of abuse. Jeep bouncing off rocks, dropping off ledges, etc. Definitely recommend these to anyone considering them.
These lights are extremely well built. I have a set on a few of my rigs. Some of which I have had for several years. ALL of the lights still work none have burnt out or stopped working. I have literally beat the crap out of my rigs and never had an issue. The lights are just as bright as day one. Not to mention not having some bulky tail light hanging off the back of your jeep to get hung on rocks or trees is super awesome. When I slide back into a rock or tree I really don't worry about it bc there noting back there to ruin. You wont regret running these lights!!!
Quality you can feel. Great lights and you can tell they can take a beating.
These trail tails rock! Everything you need packages into one TOUGH tail light.
These tail lights are worth every penny! With brake, blinker, and reverse built in and they mount right in the stock location, there are definitely worth the money. They are a lot brighter than the stock lights and look a lot better too. No more bulky tail light hanging off the back of the jeep!