This is the GenRight Off Road design DOUBLE Triangulated 4 link cross member "only" kit for a Jeep TJ or YJ.
Ideal to make your rig a top notch rock crawler with awesome articulation.
We have figured out all the mounting points to optimize suspension geometry (weight transfer, minimal rear steer and proper amount of anti-squat) for you, while keeping it all under the Jeeps floor.
The cross member is pre-welded, but still needs to be welded to the frame by the installer. The Cross member kit is designed to attach to the frame next to where the transfer case skid plate (aftermarket or stock).
This is the exact same rear suspension cross member we use in the Jordan's 4585 Modified Class KOH racer!
The Bracket Kit FEATURES:
- This mount is cut at an angle to keep the suspension joints in a "neutral" position so they do not waste any of the joints rotation and cause damage to the joint in those CRAZY articulation spots on the trail.
- Kit is designed with Genuine Currie Johnny Joints or the big -16 FK Heims.
- All Joint mounts are 2-5/8" spacing.
- All Joint mounts are for 9/16" bolts.
- DOUBLE triangulated 4 link design eliminates the need for a rear trac bar, allowing you to stretch the rear axle back.
- This mount is universal and can be cut or trimmed to be mounted in any position on any Jeep TJ, LJ, YJ or CJ.
- This cross member is NOT held in place by the transfer case skid plate. This allows unobstructed access to the transmission and transfer case for service.
- Laser cut from Heavy Duty 1/4" & 3/16" thick cold rolled steel.
- MIG Welded by GenRight Off Road's craftsman.
- Includes everything pictured.
We recommend the following to help complete the project (hyperlinks listed below):
- Use our "Belly Up" skid plate (TJ/LJ SKP-2500, YJ SKP-4500) which is designed to work with this cross member and it will help locate this cross member in the proper place on the frame!
- To use our Belly Up kit you will need our 1" engine lift DVL-9200 and 1" body lift BDL-9200.
- Use our Transmission Cross Member Kit (BKT-1050) to isolate the transmission and transfer case from the belly skid plate.
- Consider converting to coil over shocks at the same time you install this cross member kit. Our shock mount it will make installing this rear suspension much easier.
- Use our outboard mounted rear shock kit (RSM-1001) to make relocation (of the spring and shock, to a "coil over" type shock) easier and provide better shock dampening control.
- Our Rear Sway Bar kit (SWB-1003) for better on-road stability.
- Our EXT or COMP gas tanks will allow you to lengthen the drive line and take advantage of all the rear suspension's articulation.
- This kit requires cutting and welding for proper mounting to the vehicle.
- We also sell this as a complete kit SUP-4201 with everything you need (links, joints, axle side mounts and hardware).
- Requires a 1" body lift and 1" Engine lift to use this double triangulated 4 Link cross member kit.
- Because this double triangulated type suspension changes the vehicles "roll center" resulting in great articulation, it has no resistance which can make the vehicle feel a little "knife edge". Therefore, it is NOT recommended for vehicles driven on the street more than 20%!
- Add our Rear Sway Bar Kit (SWB-1003) for better on-road stability.
- We now offer universal rear axle bridge(s) for 14 Bolt and Dana 60 rear axles.
- Will not work with Atlas 4 Speed Transfer Cases (just to big).