This is the first ever Quick Release Steering Wheel Hub & Adapter for a Jeep Wrangler TJ, LJ (or XJ).
We had a custom broach made to cut matching splines inside our adapter to match a stock steering column.
It allows you to remove your stock steering wheel and easily bolt-on to the steering column so it accepts quick disconnect steering wheel hub.
Now you can retain your tilt column, blinkers, head light controls and ignition key.
Puts the steering wheel in the exact same location as stock (with 33mm offset on new 6 bolt steering wheel).
Great with high bolster aftermarket seats (makes it easier to get in and out).
Adds another level of theft deterrent too!
Includes everything pictured.
- Requires use of an aftermarket 6-bolt steering wheel (PRP, Sparco, Momo, Etc.).
- Older Jeep models with a nut (instead of a bolt) holding the steering wheel on, will have to cut, drill and tap the steering shaft to mount this.
- Sorry drivers side air bag can NOT be retained.
- Horn must be on a separate switch (no electrical connection through the quick release mechanism.
- Earlier mfg'd (1997-2002) Jeeps require drilling and tapping the factory steering column shaft (to adapt it from a nut to a bolt).
- JK Owners must remove / destroy the clock spring (which will make a light come on the dash).
- Steering wheels are sold separately.
- FYI: the stock Jeep TJ/LJ steering wheel is 15" diameter.
Click on the picture to see a larger more detailed images.
Hell yeah it's easier to get in and out of my bucket seats now, but honestly, peace of mind when the jeep is parked and I got the steering wheel locked up somewhere.
just needs instructions to help install. I may have installed wrong but it works. pleas post more pics.
This is a no brainer to anyone running suspension seats in their TJ/LJ, especially if you are using stock seat brackets. The 13 inch steering wheel makes a much bigger difference than you would think with leg room as well as steering, and getting in is now a breeze. Plus this is just added theft protection. Install was 5 minutes on an 05 TJ, no drilling or tapping.
I love being able to remove my steering wheel. Makes it so much nicer getting in and out of my suspension seats. Plus, I like having the extra security with taking my steering wheel out of the Jeep. Also, like all Genright products, this is high quality and easy to install!
Easy to install and functional. Like most Genright products, it just leaves you looking forward to the next thing you're going to buy from them for your Jeep!