This is the GenRight Steering Box Skid Plate to fit any '97-06' Jeep Wrangler TJ. Designed to protect the steering box and sector shaft from damage due to hitting obstacles on the trail.
- Works with aftermarket front bumpers.
- Laser Cut from one piece of 3/16" thick steel plate
- Attaches with 4 bolts (unlike others) so it will provide better protection.
- Black Powder coated finish
- Includes necessary hardware
- Easy to install
- Requires drilling of one new mounting hole.
Everyone says a steering box skid plate is a must have for off-roading especially on the TJ's. This fits my 1997 Sahara perfectly even with my custom bumper. Its secure and the powder coated black makes it look amazing. Can't go wrong with this if you want some more armor for your jeep for under 100$.
We are running the Genright Steering Box Skid Plate on our Silver Bullet LJ Build. We mounted it right off the front bumper and it does the perfect job of covering up our PSC Big Bore XD Steering Box. Given the location of the steering box on the TJ/LJ, this skid plate is a must have! The fit/finish was perfect as always from Genright.