This is a genuine Rock Jock Johnny Joint (by John Currie) with a 1-1/4-12 threaded shank for suspension control arms.
A Johnny Joint is a suspension end designed to smoothly rotate up to 30 degrees without binding (or degrading which would then develop slop).
The patented design has a special compound urethane cup(s) which absorbs the high impact loads from damaging suspension mounts.
This is the same joint used on every GenRight Jeep suspension and raced on the GenRight Ultra4 MOD Class racer at King of the Hammers since 2010! Most recently by Tony in his Jeep Wrangler Terremoto JKU.
- Proven & patented product design.
- Design helps to isolates noise (and shock loads) from transferring into chassis.
- Huge 1-1/4" 12 thread pitch shank is perfect for serious off-road suspensions.
- Overall width is 2-5/8"
- Uses a 9/16" diameter bolt.
- 30 degrees of rotation.
- Available in Left or Right hand threads (choose upon check out)
- Rebuild kits are available.
- Grease fitting included.
- Sold individually.
- Bungs (aka: tube insert) and jam nuts are sold separately.
- Also available in a weld-on version.
- This is formerly a Currie product.
Be sure to click on "MORE PICTURES" to see larger more detailed images of this product.
I switched from heims to Johnny Joints a couple years ago and love them. Super quite and rebuildable!