It is a perfect way to convert your rig to Coilover shocks!
The clean and simple design which "frenches" (recesses) into the side of your Jeep's frame and maximizes your dampening control at the wheel.
The kit is also designed to allow you to position the axle to achieve the desired wheelbase.
Why do it this way?
- So you can run longer shocks and move the lower shock mount "up" flush with the bottom of the rear axle for maximum ground clearance.
- So you can run coilovers and keep your back seat / cargo area.
- Instead of re-locating the coil spring mount and figuring out where to re-mount the shock (when stretching the wheel base), we recommend this outboard rear shock mount as a total solution.
- Optimal shock position for maximum dampening control.
- Allows you to run long travel shocks without cutting through the rear inner fender well.
- Laser cut from 1/4" thick steel and CNC formed.
- MIG welded by GenRight artists.
- Includes (2) large laser cut gussets.
- Super wide shock mount opening (1-3/4" wide) will not bind on long travel shocks
- By relocating the shocks outboard, it allows for more exhaust routing options.
- Can be used with 2.0" diameter coil over or regular type shocks (that use a 1/2" bolt top & bottom).
- Can be used on standard coil spring or leaf spring type vehicles too!
- Made in USA.
- (2) Upper Shock Mounts (Shock Towers, Frame Side).
- (2) Lower Shock Mounts (Axle Side).
- (4) Upper Shock Tower Gussets.
- Includes Grade 8 shock mounting hardware.
- New wider spacers (for the 1-3/4" wide mounting).
- Detailed installation instructions.
These mounts are universal and can be cut or trimmed to be mounted in any position. Lower mounts are welded onto the back of the housing near the brake caliper and do not hang down!
These are made extra long, so 1 size fits all applications. The towers can be trimmed to fit from 8" to 18" travel shocks and is perfect for most vehicles.
We recommend and sell the KING 2.0" or FOX emulsion type shocks (in coil over or non-coil type) with a Dual Rate spring set that are valved specifically for the rear Jeep suspension. These shocks are also fine tuneable by you by changing oil level, oil weight and nitrogen pressure.
Can be used with stock or after market bump stops. Compatible with most body lifts 2" or less.
- Must be used in conjunction with a separate bump stop (do not use the rubber bumper on the shock as a bump stop) These can be purchased at GenRight SUP1002 and SUP1020.
- All shocks purchased from GenRight are priced in pairs and include everything needed (Pre-valved for a Jeep, 2 different spring rates, sliders, etc.).
- Depending on the width of your rear axle, the rear caliper may need to be flipped from the rear of the axle to the front to allow the lower mount to be moved out further.
- We offer a shorter version RSM-1000 version of this shock mount.
- We also offer a larger version that goes up to 3" diameter coil over shocks RSM-1040.
Click on the picture to see larger more detailed images!
Perfect solution for mounting coilovers without using a frame back half kit. Laser cut and clean finish make them stand out among other builders parts.
I love how these have worked and GRDLOC has some of the best flex in the jeep game! I am also running a 3.0" IBP from King so these can fit some big coil overs!
There are exactly what you need for any Coilover or ORI shock build. I used these for my ORIs and they were perfect. Super stout and the gussets are a nice addition to the package.
If you don't want to cut and backhalf your frame, these are a must have! Allow you to set the height wherever you want and youre done! These are one of the parts that made my rear 4link/stretch go so smoothly!
If you're looking to run outboard shocks, stretching or converting to coil over this is simply THE way to go. Instructions are clear and engineering exceptional on this product and the finished product is flawless......we've seen these run on a lot of different vehicles as well....
These outboard shock towers allowed me to easily run 16" coilovers in the back of my stretched TJ's. Easier than relocating the springs and shocks when you move your axle back. outstanding product!
A great way to get your TJ shocks up and out of the way from rock damage. This also allowed me to use a longer travel shock and more articulation. I haven't knocked off a shock since the mod. much better clearance under the jeep.