This is the New 25 Gallon GenRight Crawler™ Gas Tank to fit a Jeep JK (2007 - 2018).
It is specifically designed to REMOVE the factory tank from under the middle of the vehicle so you can run a 4 link rear suspension (yes, no trac bar!).
This tank follows in a line of innovative and trail proven, top quality gas tanks produced by GenRight.
The tank assembly is relocated to the rear muffler area and mounts in a way that still works with your factory gas filler.
Our tank even re-uses your factory fuel pump module so can work with all your factory emissions equipment so you won't get any check engine light or have computer issues.
- Hangs slightly lower than the factory muffler did (see pictures).
- 25 gallon fuel capacity.
- Creates room for triangulated 4 link suspension systems.
- Mounting location keeps center of gravity low.
- Re-uses the stock Jeep fuel pump module.
- 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy tank is TIG welded.
- Foam liner between tank & skid plate.
- Includes a 3/16" thick heavy duty steel skid plate.
- Stainless steel hold down strap.
- All tanks are 100% pressure tested.
- Patent Pending.
- 100% Made in U.S.A.
- Fully assembled fuel tank in a Heavy Duty skid plate.
- New factory Mopar roll over / vent valves.
- New tubing to adapt tank to new mounting location.
- New cargo area floor cover (BKT-8100)
- Because of shape and location changes, installation of this product requires changes to the exhaust.
- Requires removal of the rear floor tool storage area (the jack remains in the very rear compartment).
- To install this product it does NOT require a body lift.
- If a rear sway bar is desired, installing this tank will requires switching to a Currie "AntiRock" type rear sway bars. Because the stock sway bar must be removed.
- Can be used with factory tow hitch (as pictured).
- Reconnects to the factory EVAP system, but is only CARB compliant (not smog legal) therefore only for Off Highway Use in California.
Click on "PICTURES" to see larger more detailed photos.
The stock JK gas tank being replaced provides for 3" of ground clearance in front of the rear axle. Fabulous product. Great quality in the tank. You can get the tank access plate. The steel skid plate is beefy and can take a beating.
I did a bunch of work to my JK including a rear 4 link and a V8. I saw the GenRight 20 gallon rear tank, but am super glad I went with the 25 gallon version. It hangs a little lower, but the skid plate is tapered so the lower part is tucked way under by the rear axle. Already wheel'd a bunch and not hit it once yet!