This is the GenRight outboard rear shock mount kit for the Jeep TJ, LJ, YJ or CJ-7. Our newest design mount is made to accept 2" or 2.5" coil over shocks! It is a perfect way to convert your rig to Coilover shocks. It is a VERY clean and simple design which "frenches" into the side of your Jeep's frame and maximizes your dampening control at the wheel.
It is also a great fit with our EXT & COMP Stretch Kits to relocate the shock while moving the rear axle back.
Why do it this way?
- So you can run longer shocks AND move the lower mount "up" flush with the bottom of the rear axle.
- So you can run coilovers and keep your back seat / cargo area.
- Instead of re-locating the coil spring mount AND figuring out where to re-mount the shock (when stretching the wheel base), we recommend this outboard rear shock mount as a total solution!
- Optimal shock position for maximum dampening control.
- Allows you to run long travel shocks without cutting through the rear inner fender well.
- Laser cut from 1/4" thick steel and CNC bent.
- Includes (2) large laser cut gussets.
- Super wide shock mount opening (1-3/4" wide) will not bind on long travel shocks
- By relocating the shocks outboard, it allows for more exhaust routing options.
- Can be used with 2" OR 2.5" diameter coil over or regular type shocks (that use a 1/2" bolt top & bottom).
- Can be used on standard coil spring or leaf spring type vehicles too!
- (2) Upper shock mounts (frame side).
- (2) Lower shock mounts (axle side).
- Includes shock mounting hardware and spacers.
- Detailed installation instructions.
These mounts are universal and can be cut or trimmed to be mounted in any position. Lower mounts are welded onto the back of the housing near the brake caliper and do not hang down!
These are made extra long, so 1 size fits all applications. The towers can be trimmed to fit from 8" to 18" travel shocks and is perfect for most vehicles.
We recommend and sell the KING 2.0" or 2.5" diameter (or FOX) emulsion type shocks (in coil over or non-coil type) with a Dual Rate spring set that are valved specifically for the rear Jeep suspension. These shocks are also fine tuneable by you by changing oil level, oil weight and nitrogen pressure.
Can be used with stock or after market bump stops. Compatible with most body lifts 2" or less.
- Must be used in conjunction with a separate bump stop (do not use the rubber bumper on the shock as a bump stop) These can be purchased at GenRight SUP1002 and SUP1020.
- All shocks are priced in pairs and include everything needed (Pre-valve’d for a Jeep, 2 different spring rates, sliders, etc.).
- Depending on the width of your rear axle, the rear caliper may need to be fliped from the rear of the axle to the front to allow the lower mount to be moved out further.
Be sure to click on each Picture to see larger more detailed images.