This Aluminum Swing-Out Rear Tire Carrier for the all new 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL is constructed from 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy, and weighs in at a mere 21lbs.
The sleek design opens and closes effortlessly (see video), and has secure 4-point urethane mounting to make it completely rattle-free.
The GenRight Off Road Swing-Out Tire Carrier is completely independent of the rear bumper, so it can be used with any brand rear bumper (including stock).
- 1-3/4" diameter x .188" thick wall 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy tubing.
- 4-point polyurethane mounting is rattle-free and will not open by itself.
- Completely independent from the rear bumper, allowing you to run just about any rear bumper you choose.
- Swing out tube style carrier cage design opens effortlessly.
- Mounts to factory rear door hinge points (strong & rattle-free).
- Adjustable mounting so you can adjust the carrier to open and close in the future.
- 100% TIG welded Aluminum.
- Designed to hold from a 35" up to a 40" tires.
- Fits any bolt pattern or offset wheels (stock wheels can be used by running backwards in the carrier).
- Corrosion-resistant materials require no paint (but can be painted or powder coated if you choose).
- Fits tighter to the rear tailgate than any other brand rear tire carrier (only a total of 18" from the rear door).
- Improves your vehicles rear departure angle.
- License plate is re-located to the center on tire carrier (from down on the factory rear bumper).
- Pre-drilled for license plate and 3rd brake light wiring.
- Includes the GenRight Stop / Lock to hold the tire carrier open for you.
- Made in the USA.
- This tire carrier is sold un-painted, it can be left in the "natural" brushed aluminum finish, painted or powder coated.
- Requires drilling of four 3/8" holes on drivers side rear area by the tail light to mount the two latch plates.
- Requires that the factory rear door hinges be removed so new GenRight rear door hinges can be installed (no new holes required).
- Due to the thinner sheet metal body on the JL, we do NOT recommend mounting ANY accessories (hi-lift jack, gas cans, etc) on this tire carrier (150lb MAX).
- Each tire carrier is drilled with a fish wire to allow you to pull 3rd brake light and license plate power wires through the tubes of the tire carrier.
- This carrier relocates the licence plate from the side to the rear. It is necessary to have a license plate light (and 3rd brake light), please use our LED-1650.
- We offer a relocation mount for the factory JL rear view camera (TSK-10035).
- We offer a custom made bag for the center of this tire carrier for for easy access to your trail essentials! Use the (ARTC-BAG1) to hold your tow strap & gloves.
- You can lock this Tire Carrier by replacing one or both of the supplied closure pins with a lockable 1/2" hitch pin.
- We also offer a matching rear bumper (RBB-10220).
- This tire carrier is made to carry a 160lb tire & wheel.
- DO NOT over load this carrier with gas cans or other heavy items or it will damage the jeep or carrier.
- Jeep JL
This is a very light and strong super simple design that I'm very happy with. The install was pretty easy but like any install, it takes a few hours. Mine was delivered missing some hardware and with one call to Keith the parts were received the next day. Buy this, its the best one for 40+ tires.
I first heard of GenRight as I was researching parts for a previous Jeep build. I ended up with some other brand products on that build, but always regretted not going a tire carrier of this style. Since then, I decided to sell my JK and jump into a JL. This time I was going to do it right. Let me just say, I could not be happier with the GenRight tire carrier. I do all of my own work (won’t let anyone touch my Jeeps) and I can certainly appreciate quality hardware. These parts are absolutely top notch. The welds are beautiful; absolute work of art. I’m particularly happy with the strength of the parts. No movement at all when driving.
These are the best! Extremely lightweight and easy to use. Very sturdy and it can accommodate a 40" tire with no issues.
Lightweight and easy... I have to get in the back of my Jeep often for work and it's easy to get in the back of the Jeep. No squeaks or rattles even when wheeling. I love it and wouldn't use anything else.
Aluminum is Soooo Nice & Light!! Plus you keep your Factory Camera with the License Plate Frame!! The AutoLock to hold it open is nice, didn’t have that on my JK Carrier!
I ordered this tire carrier for my new JL in April of 2018. It installed very easily and it's quiet! I am running 37's and can move the tire up or down 3" for more visibility out the rear window, by moving the mounting bracket. I have bumped it out on the trail with no damage to the vehicle or tire carrier. Top quality!