This is a complete replacement roll cage kit for your Jeep Wrangler YJ (1987 - 1995).
It was carefully designed for maximum foot room and windshield visibility, to fit with a factory hard or soft top. Yes, it has head room for passengers to ride in the back seat, too!
This roll cage kit is made from heavy wall 1-3/4" D.O.M. (Drawn Over Mandrel) seamless tubing and includes all new heavy duty 3/16" thick brackets to mount the cage to your Jeep's tub and provide maximum protection to you and your passengers in the event of a roll over.
- Cage kit ties all the way to the floor and still allows you to use factory hard doors.
- The best foot clearance on the market, with GenRight dash-to-floor stanchions.
- Will still allow you to use your Factory hard top or soft top.
- Stanchions are 2 pieces so the cage can be removed for paint or powder coat.
- Lower leg stanchion also reinforces the tub by bolting through the lower door hinge (on the inside).
- Tough 1-3/4" x .120" thick DOM cage steel tubing.
- Tubes are Laser-Notched, CNC-Bent, and Keyed for precision, puzzle-like assembly.
- Includes all new mounting brackets that are laser-cut and CNC-formed 3/16" steel plate.
- Solid 6-point mounting.
- Improved windshield visibility due to a low profile dash bar.
- 3 grab handles (driver, passenger and center) are included.
- Includes mounts for the factory seat belts (if you choose to re-use factory-type seat belts).
- Includes all new Grade 8 mounting hardware.
- Detailed installation instructions are included with the kit.
- This kit is sold un-welded and requires welding by the end user.
- This KIT requires complete removal of the stock roll bar (and most of the interior).
- It is always best to build the roll cage in the Jeep it will be used in.
- The kit ships to you by FedEx to avoid expensive truck freight.
- If using full hard doors, you will have to make clearance for the door where it meets the heavy duty 3/16" thick stanchion plate at the dash.
- The cage was designed so it is possible to remove the entire roll cage after welding for painting or powder coating.
- See cage Options when checking out.
- Due to the grab handle placement on the A-pillar, the corner of the sun visors will need to be trimmed to swing properly.
- An 1/8" thick aluminum roof is now available for additional roll over protection.
- If there is any chance you want an aluminum roof, it is MUCH more economical for shipping to order it with the cage.
The cage fit together nicely, looks great, and is strong.
I ordered this thinking it would be a big project and was pleasantly surprised when it fit together as advertised! I had the entire thing tacked together in one day and finished welded the next day.