This is a complete replacement roll cage kit for your Jeep Wrangler YJ (1987 - 1995).
It was carefully designed for maximum foot room and windshield visibility, to fit with a factory hard or soft top. Yes, it has head room for passengers to ride in the back seat, too!
This roll cage kit is made from heavy wall 1-3/4" D.O.M. (Drawn Over Mandrel) seamless tubing and includes all new heavy duty 3/16" thick brackets to mount the cage to your Jeep's tub and provide maximum protection to you and your passengers in the event of a roll over.
- Cage kit ties all the way to the floor and still allows you to use factory hard doors.
- The best foot clearance on the market, with GenRight dash-to-floor stanchions.
- Will still allow you to use your Factory hard top or soft top.
- Stanchions are 2 pieces so the cage can be removed for paint or powder coat.
- Lower leg stanchion also reinforces the tub by bolting through the lower door hinge (on the inside).
- Tough 1-3/4" x .120" thick DOM cage steel tubing.
- Tubes are Laser-Notched, CNC-Bent, and Keyed for precision, puzzle-like assembly.
- Includes all new mounting brackets that are laser-cut and CNC-formed 3/16" steel plate.
- Solid 6-point mounting.
- Improved windshield visibility due to a low profile dash bar.
- 3 grab handles (driver, passenger and center) are included.
- Includes mounts for the factory seat belts (if you choose to re-use factory-type seat belts).
- Includes all new Grade 8 mounting hardware.
- Detailed installation instructions are included with the kit.
- This kit is sold un-welded and requires welding by the end user.
- This KIT requires complete removal of the stock roll bar (and most of the interior).
- It is always best to build the roll cage in the Jeep it will be used in.
- The kit ships to you by FedEx to avoid expensive truck freight.
- If using full hard doors, you will have to make clearance for the door where it meets the heavy duty 3/16" thick stanchion plate at the dash.
- The cage was designed so it is possible to remove the entire roll cage after welding for painting or powder coating.
- See cage Options when checking out.
- Due to the grab handle placement on the A-pillar, the corner of the sun visors will need to be trimmed to swing properly.
- An 1/8" thick aluminum roof is now available for additional roll over protection.
- If there is any chance you want an aluminum roof, it is MUCH more economical for shipping to order it with the cage.
- Jeep YJ
The cage fit together nicely, looks great, and is strong.
I ordered this thinking it would be a big project and was pleasantly surprised when it fit together as advertised! I had the entire thing tacked together in one day and finished welded the next day.