Looking for a weather & dust proof solution for your Jeep? Well so were we and this is Tony's favorite!
This is a surface mounted display that replaces the traditional "stereo head unit" in your Jeep's dash and is connected via Bluetooth to your smartphone, iPod or MP3 player which can stay safely tucked away!
Control your audio directly from the control pad (or your phone) using wireless Bluetooth technology. Your phone can automatically pair when this sound system when it is powered on, allowing you to play music without having to fumble through apps and on-screen controls. Volume, track forward/back, play, and pause are all a finger's reach away, arranged neatly on the weather-proof control pad.
This model comes with a 60W x 4 Channel digital amplifier too! Keep your existing speakers, upgrade or add more speakers - it's your choice!
Audiophiles will appreciate two pairs of built in 4 volt low level outputs, built-in amplifier turn on wires, so this system can be used with an external amplifiers too. There is also adjustable rear/sub speaker output attenuation: Full/-3db/-6db/OFF functions. We used this feature to drive the factory 8" subwoofer in the Jeep's center console (with optional 300 watt amp MVPA1).
Knowing that not all customers keep their music catalog on their phone, there is an optional (3PUSB35A) connector with a 3.5mm (1/8") auxiliary input that allows playback from all media devices and powered 2.1 amp USB charging port to keep your player going, using your standard device charging cable.
- Weather-proof Display
- Bluetooth, Aux-in, FM & AM Audio Sources
- Compact display/control unit plugs into a "hide-away" 4 speaker Amp, for easy mounting
- 2 Ohm stable 200W max power 4 channel (2 front and 2 rear)
- Control the volume, track, play/pause from large weather proof buttons on the display face
- 6 preset EQ options are standard
- Bass, Treble, Balance and Fading controls are all adjustable as well
- Plug and play installation with weather proof connectors
- 4V RCA low level preout , built in (but requires optional cord WP-HRCA)
- Easy to read day or night, hyper-white, back lit LED display
- Control panel (display) face is compact and easy to mount at only 3-1/2" wide x 2-1/4" tall x 1/2" deep
- Optional 3.5mm Aux-in & USB charging with (3PUSB35A)
- Optional dash mounting plates are available for the Jeep TJ, LJ, YJ, CJ and XJ (INT2010)
- Optional 300 watt amp for sub woofers is available (MVPA1)
Have your own amps already? Then consider getting the MRB2 unit. This more compact unit will allow you to just replace your head unit and convert to bluetooth!
A GOOD solution is to simply replace your in-dash stereo "head unit" with this system and reconnect to your factory dash speakers and cage sound bar.
A BETTER Solution is to install this system (as described above) and replace the sound bar with our rear cage mounted 6-1/2" all weather speakers (WP-GRJC-2E) and Kicker 4x6" (40CS464) speakers in the dash.
A BEST solution is to install this system, replace the speakers (as described above) and add the center console sub-woofer with an amp.