This is the New GenRight Aluminum Belly Up transfer case skid plate for a Jeep Wrangler TJ or LJ. It increases your ground clearance by up to 2-3/8" inches by replacing the factory skid plate with a lower-profile and more heavy duty skid plate.
This high clearance, smooth bottom skid plate is laser cut and CNC bent from 5/16" thick aluminum alloy.
Stronger and thicker than the stock plate to provide strong but lightweight protection to your undercarriage.
A one-inch body lift (BDL-9200) is required on all TJ and Rubicon applications for proper transfer case clearance. Some exhaust adjustment may be necessary. Fits all TJ Wrangler models including the Rubicon and Unlimited LJ.
- This kit provides the maximum amount of ground clearance possible, but requires some fine tuning of the rear pinion angle to eliminate driveshaft vibration.
- A 1" engine motor mount Lift (DVL-9200) or Spacer is recommended when installing this belly up skid.
- Requires use of our transmission cross member kit (BKT-1050).
- A slip yoke eliminator kit and CV drive shaft will be necessary.
- Average install time is 3 hours and requires supporting the transmission and transfer case to install.
- Rubicon models require installing a new threaded bung in the frame to mount this belly up skid plate.
- We offer this same skid plate for the Jeep YJ too (SKP-4510).