This is the GenRight Aluminum Belly Up transfer case skid plate for a Jeep Wrangler YJ.
It increases your ground clearance by up to 2-3/8" inches by replacing the factory skid plate with a lower-profile and more heavy duty skid plate.
This high clearance, smooth bottom skid plate is laser cut and CNC formed from 5/16" thick aluminum alloy.
Stronger and thicker than the stock plate to provide strong but lightweight protection to your undercarriage.
A one-inch body lift (BDL-9200) is required for proper transfer case clearance and some exhaust adjustment may be necessary. Fits all year YJ's.
- This kit provides the maximum amount of ground clearance possible, but requires some fine tuning of the rear pinion angle to eliminate driveshaft vibration.
- A 1" engine motor mount Lift (DVL-9200) or Spacer is recommended when installing this belly up skid.
- Requires installation of our transmission cross member kit (BKT-1050), don't worry it is a good thing!
- A use of a CV type driveshaft. Therefore a Slip Yoke Eliminator kit or Atlas transfer case is also necessary.
- Average install time is 3 hours and requires supporting the transmission and transfer case to install.
- We offer this skid plate in a STEEL version (SKP-4500) too.
- We offer this same skid plate for the Jeep TJ too (SKP-2510).