This is the GenRight Kit to Double Shear your steering on your Dana 60 Hi-Steer Knuckles (just like we do on the GenRight Jeep builds).
It is a perfect compliment to our CrMo Hi-Steer Tie Rod and Drag Link kit and can be cut to fit any "ball Joint" style Dana 60 knuckle modified for Hi-Steer.
This kit is made up of the best component parts you can buy and what we use on every GenRight build we do in-house!
This Heavy Duty kit will hold up to big tires and off-road abuse. Got a hydraulic ram? It will work with that too.
Our kit includes:
- (2) 3/4-16 x 8" long Grade 8 bolts
- (2) Thick wall pieces of DOM Tubing (for use as a spacer above and below the tie rod, as pictured)
- (2) 3/4-16 Unitorque Nuts
- (4) 3/4" Grade 8 Flat Washers
Why Heim rod ends? We prefer the heims over the standard or heavy duty "tapered style" tie rod ends because, over the years we have seen the taper on the tie rod end SPLIT too many steel knuckles! This is the exact same steering set up we have used on our GenRight rigs for years, and it works great!
- This kit requires cutting the tubing (into 4 pieces) to the length (that you determine is best for your specific vehicle build) to locate the tie rod in between the hi-steer arm and the factory knuckle mount.
- This kit may also require pressing out the ball joints to remove them from the stock knuckles, so you'll need a ball joint press if you are a do-it-yourself'r.
- This kit is only offered in the 3/4" size for Dana 60 axle knuckles. It will not work on the smaller Dana 44's & 30 knuckles.
- To install this GenRight CrMo Hi-Steer Kit it will require drilling the taper out of the knuckle mount with a 3/4" diameter drill.
- Once installed, you MUST cycle the front suspension and steering (in all possible direction combinations) to make sure the ball joints or heims DO NOT exceed their range of motion which would damage the steering components and could cause a failure resulting in a loss of steering control!