This is the Currie 70 REAR Axle.
This is a complete Full Float, 40 spline rear axle with NO mounting brackets (except the bridge for upper control arm mounts), so it's ready for the control arm mounts of your choice so they get welded on by you in the proper location that is specific to your vehicle!
We figured out a long time ago that new aftermarket axles custom ordered and built from scratch are the way to go! You get a hi-pinion in the rear (which keeps the rear driveshaft up out of the rocks AND allows for optimal geometry (pinion angle) and the maximum amount of droop (for crazy articulation)!
Currie uses the HUGE 10-5/8" ring gear (with 35 spline pinion gear shaft) from a Dana 70 axle.
Huge 3-3/4" diameter axle tubes with 40 spline CrMo axle shafts and full float hubs!
These axles are also manufactured with Currie's trademark "rotated" diff cover to prevent leaking from damage on the trail.
GenRight Specifications for Currie Extreme 70 Axle:
- Currie Extreme 70
- High pinion and high clearance center section.
- 40 Spline Axle Shafts.
- Full Float Hubs.
- Auburn heavy duty Select-a-Loc (electric) Locker which is a military spec (or ARB upon special request).
- 5.38 : 1 Gear Ratio.
- High clearance housing with diff skid plate.
- Brakes are optional.
- 5 on 5-1/2 bolt pattern (with 1/2-20 studs).
- Diff case is machined to accept the bridge (where upper control arm mounts go).
- Includes Currie's HD rear axle bridge (as pictured).
- Super thick 3-3/4" axle tubes.
- Super thick Currie RJ 70 fabricated diff cover.
- Load bolt on ring gear in the Currie 70 housing eliminates gear deflection.
- 1350 Forged Yoke for the rear driveshaft.
- 70" wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface
- Machined to accept factory JK wheel sensors.
- New housing includes drain plug (under the diff skid).
- No brackets or mounts on this axle.
- Includes tone rings for JK's
- We also have the matching Front Extreme 70 axle too!
- We now offer 3 different brake options: Oversize OE style caliper/rotors, R1 or Alcon.
- These rear axles have a "centered" diff housing so the axle shaft length's are equal.
- This is a "bare" (no brackets) rear axle, as we feel it is best to position the axle first then attach the brackets in the optimum position and location for your vehicle (allowing for bigger tires or stretched wheelbases).
- The brakes will require a "banjo" style connection that may be larger than your existing brake line.
- Upper Control Arm mounting brackets (RSM-1010) are sold separately and require welding to install them onto the rear axle bridge..
Ready to order or have more questions? Call us at 805-584-8635.
Be sure to click on More Pictures for larger more detailed images.
Run whatever tires you want! This axle is built to be indestructible. I bought the front and the rear, best decision I made was to go Currie and I was set on another brand. This is one of the best adds to my JK Elite kit! Do your research, I did!!