It is specifically designed to allow for more clearance between the rear axle and the gas tank so you can lengthen your Jeep's wheelbase up to 7" of rear axle stretch with a Dana 44 and 6" of stretch with a Rock Jock 70!
If you are considering this model tank you are already on bigger axles with 40's or bigger. This production-built gas tank is re-shaped to make more room under the Jeep so you can keep your rear cargo area and stretch your Jeep for incredible departure angles!
The assembly mounts in the factory location and is designed to work with all your factory emissions equipment so you won't get any check engine lights or have computer issues.
- 1" more ground clearance than stock.
- Improved departure angle.
- 20 gallon fuel capacity.
- Makes more room for BIG aftermarket axles.
- Shape allows for 7" of rear wheelbase stretch with a Rock Jock 70.
- Mounts in stock tank location, but designed for use with coilovers.
- Stock mounting location keeps center of gravity low.
- Accepts the stock Jeep fuel pump & EVAP equipment.
- 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy tank is TIG welded.
- Foam liner between tank & skid plate.
- New style 3/16" thick heavy-duty steel skid plate.
- Assembled with stainless steel straps.
- Includes new factory Mopar roll over / vent valves.
- All tanks are 100% pressure tested.
- Made in USA.
Jeep TJ & Jeep LJ 1997-2006 (please choose model year when checking out).
- Because of shape and location changes, installation of this product WILL require changes to the last 24" of the exhaust tail pipe.
- To install this tank, it will require a small (1") body lift.
- Works with Currie brand Anti-Rock type rear sway bars. Due to the fact that this tank is pushed back 5", the installer will need to carefully pull the fuel line and electrical a little rearward to reconnect them to the fuel pump (not a problem- there is plenty of length in the line to reach).
- Your Jeep must be outfitted with outboard shocks and/or coil overs to install this model tank (RSM-1001), it will not work with standard coil springs in the rear. (If you are running coil springs, please use GenRight gas tank: GST-2002)
- We offer two other models for wheelbase stretch; the EXT model (19.5 Gallons) for up to 5" of stretch and the ALIEN model (11 Gallons) for up to 9" of stretch.
- This product WILL NOT deliver without a live person to sign for the delivery.
Be sure to click on the "Video" tab to see a quick video on this product.
Genright tanks fit and finish is unmatched. Installation is made easy and a must when you want to stretch the wheel base with bigger axles.
I've installed quite a few of these tanks over the years and makes getting the wheel base you want easy without killing you budget. I will always recommend this tank first.