Front 3-Link Kit for Jeep TJ, LJ, YJ & More
Bind-Free | Street Worthy | Trail Tested | Optimized Geometry | Customizable
This is the 3 Link kit from our Legend Suspension kit.
It is called 3 link, but is technically a 4 link when you include the trac bar. Everyone just refers to it as a 3 Link, because it uses only 3 control arms.
We have pulled together all top-notch parts and figured out all the mounting points for proper geometry to make your rig a top notch crawler with awesome articulation and a balanced feel. Simply put, if you were building a rock buggy, this is the type of suspension you would put on it - it is that good!
This front kit is also perfect for moving the front axle forward to accommodate bigger tires and longer wheel travel. It can also help you achieve the Magic 100" + wheelbase (when used in combination with the rear kit we offer), which uses our EXT or COMP gas tanks, to move the rear axle back, also) to improve your rigs departure angle. For those guys converting from leafs, better approach angle, no axle wrap, smooth non-binding articulation and better steering geometry (to eliminate bump steer).
Front 3-Link Kit Features:
- Single upper control arm allows the installer more flexibility to locate the upper control arm in the best location for the engine & trans in the vehicle and allow for a lower overall ride height (or more up travel).
- Having only 3 Links allows for a smooth, non-binding INSANE amount of articulation.
- Yes, this system does require a front trac bar (Included).
- The mounts are universal and can be cut or trimmed to be mounted in any position on your vehicle.
- Control arm mounts (on the frame side) DO NOT tie into the Transfer case skid plate, unlike others.
- Can be used with 12" to 14" travel shocks OR for tires bigger than 40", 16" travel shocks with full hydraulic steering (not for street use!).
- Greasable & Rebuildable Currie Johnny Joints throughout the kit are tough and quiet.
- Super-thick, heavy-duty Laser-cut and CNC-bent brackets & mounts.
- Fully Adjustable Genuine Currie forged Johnny Joints, which have 1-1/4" threaded shafts!
- Super Tough 2" diameter x 1/4" thick wall D.O.M. Control arm tubing that can be cut to any length.
- Control arm inserts (bungs) are machined with LEFT or RIGHT hand threads to make fine length adjustments of each control arm (for pinion angle, castor, etc.) easy.
- Trac bar is also thick wall D.O.M. tubing.
- Top grade FK brand 7/8" CroMoly Heim end for the Trac Bar.
- New Grade 8 Hardware.
- Detailed color installation instructions & diagrams.
- The trac bar bracket in this kit is designed to work with hi-steering (STK-8625).
- Cutting is required: This kit requires cutting the control arm tubing to length (tailoring it to your specific vehicle) and welding the threaded inserts onto the end of the control arms.
- Welding is required to properly install this kit on a vehicle.
- Once this kit is installed, you MUST cycle the front suspension and steering (in all possible direction combinations) to make sure the ball joints or heims DO NOT exceed their range of motion which would damage the steering components and could cause a failure resulting in a loss of steering control!
- We now offer an Optional lower control arm mount (SUP-1001) with integrated bump pad and bump can mounts.
- This kit was designed to fit the TJ, LJ and YJ frames, but it can be easily modified by the installer to fit the taller CJ-7 frame.
- We recommend a minimum axle width of 65” for a 2.0" x 14” coilover running a 40” tire.
- We recommend a minimum axle width of 70” for a 2.5" x 14” coilover running a 40” tire.
I bought the kit for my YJ, every part fit as it was supposed to and made a huge difference in ride and handling, get the shock kit too!
FINALLY!! A kit with everything needed and experience after the sale to answer questions without issues ! Made my TJ front suspension a breeze to install !
This 3 link front kit works so well with the 4 link rear and high steer kit. Wish I had installed it years ago. I run this in the front of my stretched TJ. We managed a 3" front stretch using the GR front coilover kit and high steer system. The brackets and parts were top notch, customer service again was outstanding. As for performance... All I can say is I've had more strangers stop and take video of my rig on the trail than I can count! Very highly recommended.