This GenRight built bumper offers "Best in Class" features including improved departure angle, added tire clearance and an incredible strength to weight ratio for the Jeep Wrangler JK.
It is sleek and simple design is made of super lightweight 3/16" thick 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy (weighs only 19 lbs. compared to 54 lbs. for steel!).
This bumper comes independent from the tire carrier, so it can be used with our Aluminum Rear Tire Carrier, or other brands that bolt on the rear door.
We also offer our Rear Bumper & Tire Carrier as a Package.
Lastly, our rear bumper design incorporates two super strong frame mounted tow points that protrude through laser cut openings in the rear face of the bumper.
- 100% TIG welded in-house
- Super light weight at only 40lbs!
- Laser cut and CNC formed from 3/16" Aluminum Alloy.
- Mounts flush the rear frame (less than 4" behind the body!)
- Steel tow points bolt directly to the inside of the Jeep's frame.
- Includes a small integrated small entry step below rear door.
- Improves departure angle over stock bumper (without cutting the frame!)
- Can still be used with factory 2" receiver hitch (as pictured).
- Completely independent of the rear tire carrier (factory tire on the rear tailgate can be retained).
- Made in the USA!
- We offer a matching tire carrier (as pictured above) to go with this bumper (RTC-3810).
- Standard 7/8" D-Rings "hooks" for the rear tow points are sold separately (REC-2102) and should be run at all times.
- The (2) holes in the rear bumper make an excellent spot to mount LED back up lights
- If you purchase the Vision X Flush mount reverse lights, it will require cutting of the bumper to fit.
- Sold un-painted, but can be painted, powder coated, or left raw (the aluminum does not rust).
- We offer a matching front bumper (FBB-8345) or Ultra Clearance version (FBB-8355).
No Chop needed, simple and elegant
My original rear bumper I purchased was bulky long and heavy. The Genright rear bumper is sleek and elegant. It was engineered to be as thin and capable as it can. Gained at least 2 inches depth from my other bumper and I lost tons of weight. The LED lights are a nice touch as well and give extra light when needed either as a second set of reverse lights or auxiliary lights I also like the fact that a tow hitch was considered and options added for those that want to run one. Paired with the rear rash guards it offers drastic weight savings, better departure angle and great function
Went on a diet
I have the front bumper so it just made sense. Does what I need it to and is light weight. Once again angles are perfect for approach departure. It just works.
Departure angle without the chop
I purchased this bumper at the same time as my Ultra High clearance front bumper and just like the front bumper, I am in love. I removed a heavy, steel bumper from another company that required a frame chop to achieve the same departure angle that Tony does with this bumper. Plus it's a bazillion times lighter! Also, this bumper has clearance for a spare tire that the other bumper did not. I currently don't run a spare, but the option is there if I needed it. I also purchased the steel rash guards, but have only tapped the corners a couple times. This bumper is great!
I ordered this along with other Genright Offroad parts, and I have to say. This product is exceptionally well built! Super light weight, super durable, and it just cleans up the rear end really well! I highly recommend buying the extra rash guards, I plan on painting mine a different color to add some accents. Over all, I would highly recommend it!
Absolutely No Question the Way to Go
Tony and the GenRight team hit it out of the park with their flagship hard-core aluminum product. The look, the function, the weight (lack thereof!), and the thoughtful engineering behind their body armor makes it hands-down the way to go if jeeping is your thing!
Just installed this bumper yesterday on my JKU and I absolutely love it. Beautiful construction and love the aluminum. Super easy installation. After having massive and heavy steel bumpers on other builds, I really appreciate the lightweight and high clearance design.
Complements the Package
Awesome piece of work with all the features you need. A perfect fit with the rest of the GenRight aluminum offerings for the JK!
Nice tight fit
I was looking for a nice tight fitting bumper without cutting the frame and crash bar. And thus GenRight bumper fit that bill. It fits nice and tight. It's extremely light weight and like all other GenRight products the craftsmanship is top notch!
BEST QUALITY YOU CAN FIND
I get more compliments over my Rear Bumper than I do over any other piece of GR Hardware that I have! This bumper is designed for the avid offroad enthusiast and is fairly easy to install. It tucks in clean all around my JKU and significantly improved my departure angle.