This Aluminum Swing-Out Rear Tire Carrier for the 4-Door or 2-Door Jeep Wrangler JK (2007-Current) is constructed from 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy, and weighs in at a mere 21lbs. (20lbs. lighter than our steel version)
The sleek design opens and closes effortlessly (see video), and has secure 4-point urethane mounting to make it completely rattle-free.
The GenRight Off Road Swing-Out Tire Carrier is completely independent of the rear bumper, so it can be used with any brand rear bumper.
- 1-3/4" diameter x .188" thick wall 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy tubing
- 4-point polyurethane mounting is rattle-free and will not open by itself
- Completely independent from the rear bumper, allowing you to run just about any rear bumper you choose.
- Swing out tube style carrier cage design opens effortlessly
- Mounts to factory rear door hinges (strong & rattle-free)
- 100% TIG welded Aluminum
- Designed to hold from a 33" up to a 42" tire (Max tire width 14.5") See pictures.
- Fits any bolt pattern or wheel offset (not stock)
- Corrosion-resistant materials require no paint (but can be painted or powder coated if you choose)
- Fits tighter to the rear tailgate than any other brand rear tire carrier
- Improves departure angle
- License plate is re-located to center mount on tire carrier
- Cover for factory license plate location
- Pre-drilled for license plate and 3rd brake light wiring
- Can be painted, powder coated, or left raw
- Includes our Stop-Lock to hold the Tire Carrier open when needed.
- Made in the USA
- Sold un-painted. The finish can be left "natural", painted or powder coated.
- Requires drilling of six 1/4" holes on drivers side rear area by the tail light to mount the latch plate.
- Requires that the factory rear door hinges be removed so new GenRight pivot points installed (no new holes required) in place of the factory hinge piece.
- If using the factory tail lights, the tire carrier brackets may have to be modified to clear (simple trimming to clear).
- Each tire carrier is drilled with a fish wire to allow you to pull electrical power wires through the tubes of the tire carrier.
- This carrier relocates the licence plate from the side to the rear. It is necessary to have a license plate light (and 3rd brake light), please use our LED-1650.
- Includes our Stop-Lock (RTC-3890) at no charge (normally $150).
- We offer Hi-Lift Jack mounts for this tire carrier (BCL-3520).
- We offer a custom made bag for the center of this tire carrier for for easy access to your trail essentials! Use the (ARTC-BAG1) to hold your tow strap & gloves.
- You can lock this Tire Carrier by replacing one or both of the supplied closure pins with a locking hitch pin.
- We also offer a matching rear bumper (RBB-8220).
- This tire carrier is made to carry a 160lb tire & wheel.
- DO NOT over load this carrier with gas cans or other heavy items or it will damage the jeep or carrier.
- Jeep JK/JKU
I absolutely love my Aluminum GR Swing out tire carrier. I am beyond impressed with the the amount of thought that went into this product, from the pre-drilled wiring hole for your 3rd brake light/license plate light to the stop lock; which has saved me several times off camber in Colorado. The quality of welds alone on this tire carrier make it worth the price to me, it’s a piece of art and once you’ve seen the GenRight quality you’ll see exactly what I’m talking about.
I love my GenRight tire carrier. Just got it painted and installed. It's a beast and has reduced my tailgate noise to nothing. I was referred to from a friend who has bought your products before. Glad I listened!
Honestly the best tire carrier I have purchased yet. My stock tire carrier was starting to rattle the tailgate due to my tire size which was driving me insane. Finally pulled the trigger on this tire carrier since it bolts on to the body, definitely worth every penny. I work for a construction company, and everyone that comes across my Jeep complements how well the welds were preformed. Perfect quality product and customer service.
I just finished up installing the GenRight tire carrier and would like to let you know how pleased I am with the over all quality and fit. Installation was actually quite simple.
After going back and forth on different tire carriers I decided to give Genright a chance and I was not disappointed. Super easy install and a great look. Have had it installed for almost 2 years now and have not had any issues whatsoever and love the look it gives to the Jeep.
"I unfortunately have not got to install this yet, but I do like what I see with the workmanship. I am in manufacturing and much like a chef always judging food others make, I look at everything with a ‘can I make it better’ set of eyes. You’re aluminum gas tanks is what first turned me on to GenRight and then looking into videos on YouTube I liked what I saw both from the manufacturing side and form the Jeep side of things. The tire carrier has been sitting here on the shop floor and I have had several of our people that walk by stop and look at it and ask if I made it, and comment on how good the welds are! We have just over 75 people here with the whole range of manufacturing equipment but I’m the only Jeep guy here so these comments come from fellow welders, sheet metal and machinists who all know what they’re looking at when respect to manufacturing. So needless to say this won’t be my last GenRight order."
The fit and finish on this carrier is excellent. No rattles and I won’t be worrying about rust. Their customer support has been just as awesome as the quality of this carrier, which is rare to find these days! Highly recommend!
Installed this since my previous tire carrier was starting to rust, not a GenRight, and shaved almost 70 lbs! Rear of my Jeep raised up an inch. Run this with a 40" Cooper tire and have zero issues. Lightweight, looks great, and was easy to install
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS TIRE CARRIER. THE DESIGN IS SO SLEEK AND IT IS EXTREMELY LEIGHT WEIGHT FOR WHAT IT IS. HOLDS MY 40” TIRE LIKE A CHAMP. GREAT WORK GR!