This is the innovative GenRight Reverse Twisted Pitman Arm to correct the angle issues inherent in hi-steer set ups (on long travel suspension systems using heims).
This same pitman arm we used in Jordan's 4585 MOD Class racer with a JK Steering box.
We create a stronger double shear pitman arm that uses a beefier 5/8" size Grade 8 bolt that is twisted to allow the heim to work within it's range of motion.
This is a perfect compliment to any long travel suspension and is designed to be used with hi-steer type arms on Dana 60's, 44's or 30's. This Heavy Duty product will hold up to big tires and off-road abuse.
Got a hydraulic ram assist? It will work with that too.
- Reverse or forward facing model
- "Twisted" to utilize the full (down) range of motion in a heim rod end.
- Laser cut & CNC formed from 1/4" thick steel plate.
- Design is puzzled together for maximum interlocked strength.
- Stronger than stock Double Shear design (1-3/4" wide).
- Includes 5/8" size Grade 8 mounting hardware.
- Tapered spline is TIG welded into the GenRight Twisted arm.
- 6-1/2" center to center.
- Unique internal thread for easy removal from sector shaft (Using Pitman Arm Removal Tool # STK-2520).
- 100% Made in U.S.A.!
- Designed to work with our frame side trac bar mount(s) TJ: FSM1004 & YJ: FSM1005 for ideal geometry.
- Once installed, you must cycle the front suspension and steering to make sure the hi-misalignment heims do not exceed their range of motion which would damage the steering components!
- Requires a 7/8" shank x 3/4" bore heim with hi-misalignment spacers that reduce to a 5/8" bore (sold separately).
- Requires a 1" body lift to clear the radiator.
I run this along with the GR high steer steering system. This pitman arm is BUILT and It keeps the heim joint perfectly aligned with the drag link.