TJ Belly Up Skid Plate - Steel
This is the STEEL GenRight Belly Up transfer case skid plate for a Jeep Wrangler TJ or LJ.
- Replacing the factory skid plate with a lower-profile and more heavy duty skid plate.
- Increases your ground clearance by up to 2-3/8" inches.
- This high clearance, smooth bottom skid plate.
- Precision laser cut and CNC formed from 1/4" thick cold rolled steel.
- Stronger and twice as thick material than the stock plate to provide superior protection to your undercarriage.
- Designed to work with the GenRight Double Triangulate rear 4 link cross member (BKT-1033).
- 100% Made in USA!
- Requires welding in a reinforcing brace (on the inside) to fit around your Jeeps drivetrain.
- depending on your year and model Jeep, welding new 1/2-13 threaded bungs into the frame may be necessary.
- A one-inch Body lift (BDL-9200) is required on all TJ and Rubicon applications for proper transfer case clearance.
- Some exhaust modifications will be necessary.
- Fits all TJ Wrangler models including the Rubicon and Unlimited LJ.
- This kit provides the maximum amount of ground clearance possible, but requires some fine tuning of the rear pinion angle to eliminate driveshaft vibration.
- A 1" engine Motor mount lift (DVL-9200) is recommended when installing this belly up skid.
- Requires use of our transmission cross member kit (BKT-1050).
- A slip yoke eliminator kit and CV drive shaft will be necessary.
- Average install time is 3 hours and requires supporting the transmission and transfer case to install.
- We offer this same skid plate in aluminum (SKP-2510) too.
- We also offer this same skid plate for the Jeep YJ (SKP-4500) too.
Write A Review
Pretty simple install. This skid plate is solid.
Apr 10th 2020
This is an excellent way to gain ground clearance and still maintain the protection for your drive line.
May 16th 2016
Customers Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
Find Similar Products by Category
Loading... Please wait...