This is the STEEL GenRight Belly Up transfer case skid plate for a Jeep Wrangler TJ or LJ.
- Replacing the factory skid plate with a lower-profile and more heavy duty skid plate.
- Increases your ground clearance by up to 2-3/8" inches.
- This high clearance, smooth bottom skid plate.
- Precision laser cut and CNC formed from 1/4" thick cold rolled steel.
- Stronger and twice as thick material than the stock plate to provide superior protection to your undercarriage.
- Designed to work with the GenRight Double Triangulate rear 4 link cross member (BKT-1033).
- 100% Made in USA!
- Requires welding in a reinforcing brace (on the inside) to fit around your Jeeps drivetrain.
- depending on your year and model Jeep, welding new 1/2-13 threaded bungs into the frame may be necessary.
- A one-inch Body lift (BDL-9200) is required on all TJ and Rubicon applications for proper transfer case clearance.
- Some exhaust modifications will be necessary.
- Fits all TJ Wrangler models including the Rubicon and Unlimited LJ.
- This kit provides the maximum amount of ground clearance possible, but requires some fine tuning of the rear pinion angle to eliminate driveshaft vibration.
- A 1" engine Motor mount lift (DVL-9200) is recommended when installing this belly up skid.
- Requires use of our transmission cross member kit (BKT-1050).
- A slip yoke eliminator kit and CV drive shaft will be necessary.
- Average install time is 3 hours and requires supporting the transmission and transfer case to install.
- We offer this same skid plate in aluminum (SKP-2510) too.
- We also offer this same skid plate for the Jeep YJ (SKP-4500) too.
Pretty simple install. This skid plate is solid.
This is an excellent way to gain ground clearance and still maintain the protection for your drive line.