This is an American Made fully CrMo (aircraft grade) 7/8" shank x 3/4" bore Heim.
The amount of rotation in this rod end is perfect for your steering tie rod (not drag links), because the tie rod does not need hi-misalignment spacers.
This is the exact same part we run on the tie rod (LH & RH) of all the GenRight Jeeps.
- Genuine FK Brand Rod End (heim).
- Both Left & Right Hand Threads available.
- Large 7/8-14 threaded shank.
- Hi strength CrMo body (RSMX).
- Hardened & chromed ball.
- Accepts a 3/4" diameter bolt.
- Sold individually (each).
- Does not include tube adapter or jam nut. (optional items from drop down)
- Proper fitment requires cutting the tie rod tubing to length (tailoring it to your specific vehicle) and welding the threaded inserts onto the end of the Drag Link and/or Tie Rod.
- If you are building a new tie rod from scratch, cutting, welding and possibility chasing the threads in the bung is required to adapt this part to your vehicle
- This kit may also require pressing out the ball joints to remove them from the stock knuckles, so you'll need a pickle fork to unpress the ball joints from the knuckle, if you are a do-it-yourselfer.
- Make sure you are ordering the proper size! We offer (2) sizes 3/4" through bolts for Dana 60 axle knuckles and 5/8" through bolts for Dana 44's & 30 knuckles.
- To use a heim in stead of a tie rod end, it will require drilling the taper out of the knuckle with a drill (it is not difficult with the proper size drill bit).
- Once Installed, you MUST cycle the front suspension and steering (in all possible direction combinations) to make sure the ball joints or heims DO NOT exceed their range of motion which would damage the steering components and could cause a failure resulting in a loss of steering control!
Be Sure to see More Pictures for larger more detailed images.