This is an Ultra High Strength CrMo (aircraft grade) 7/8 shank x 3/4" bore Heim rod end that INCLUDES the hi-misalignment spacers. The spacers reduce the bore to 5/8" diameter to fit in our Drag Link Correction Kit. The amount of rotation in this particular rod end kit is perfect for drag links as the amount of rotation needed is greater.
This is the exact same part we run on the drag link (in a LH & RH) of all the GenRight Jeeps.
- Genuine FK brand Rod End.
- Available in both Left and Right Hand Threads.
- Large 7/8-14 threaded shank.
- Main body is made of 4340 CrMo steel (55,690 lbs static).
- Hard chrome 52100 steel ball with 3/4" bore.
- Included (2) stainless hi-misalignment spacers (that reduce the bore to 5/8").
- Overall width of heim with spacers is 1-3/4"
- Accepts a Grade 8 bolt 5/8"-18 diameter.
- Sold individually (each).
- Does not include tube adapter or jam nut (optional items from drop down).
- Requires proper fitment to determine the size of the tubing to length (for your specific vehicle). Cutting and welding the threaded inserts (bungs) into the end of the Drag Link or Tie Rod tubing is required. This may require chasing the threads after welding.
- This kit may also require pressing out the ball joints to remove them from the stock knuckles, so you'll need a pickle fork (or ball joint press) if you are a do-it-yourselfer.
- Make sure you are ordering the proper size! We offer (2) sizes 3/4" through bolts for Dana 60 axle knuckles and 5/8" through bolts for Dana 44's & 30 knuckles.
- To use a heim instead of a tie rod end, it will require drilling the taper out of the knuckle with a drill, which is simple with the proper size drill bit.
- Once installed, you MUST cycle the front suspension and steering (in all possible direction combinations) to make sure the ball joints or heims DO NOT exceed their range of motion which would damage the steering components and could cause a failure resulting in a loss of steering control!