This is the GenRight "Original" coilover shock hoop kit for the Front of a Jeep TJ, LJ, YJ or CJ (Toyota, Suzuki, etc.) that is made in the popular "hoop" style which pushes the upper shock mount all the way up just under the hood.
This will also allow you to run super long travel shocks and maintain a reasonable ride height and proper shock mounting for the best possible performance.
This builders kit is the most universal on the market and can be cut and mounted in any position to best work with your particular Jeep's Engine & Suspension combination.
Additionally, the compact hoop size is ideal for fitting inside the inner fender well, INSIDE the engine compartment with just a small hole up through the top of the fender well for the shock to poke up through to the upper mount.
This is a great option when pushing your front axle forward (about 2+") to get to the Magic 100" wheelbase!
This is a clean way to convert over (a leaf or coil spring vehicle) to coilover shocks and and get that racing tubed out look!
For the TJ or LJ guys, this kit allows you to cut off and remove all the factory upper spring mount/bump stop bucket from the frame. This is perfect for placing the shock in virtually the optimal position for dampening performance and articulation.
For you CJ or YJ guys who are not ready to convert the entire front end over to coilovers, this can also be a great way to upgrade just the upper shock mount and convert over to shock "hoops" from the ugly stock mounts and install longer travel shocks and still keep the leaf springs.
- Designed to work with 2" or 2.5" diameter coil over shocks (of any brand) or 2.5" Air shocks in 12", 14" or 16" travel.
- This kit is made from heavy duty 1-1/2" diameter x .120" thick wall steel tubing.
- Includes a removable crossbar to connect the two shock towers (over the engine) for maximum strength
- Includes upper and lower laser cut and formed double shear shock mounts.
- Includes shock mounting hardware (as pictured).
- Parts from this kit can also be modified and used on the rear for those guys looking to put coilovers on the rear.
- This kit requires cutting & welding.
- The kit also will require some minor cutting of the inner fender well to accommodate your shock and location choice.
- We recommend and sell the KING and FOX 2.0" and 2.5" diameter coil over type shocks (with or without a remote reservoir) with a dual rate spring set that are valved for a Jeep.
- Shocks can be fine tuned by you, simply by changing the oil level, oil weight, springs, spring pre-load and/or nitrogen pressure level.
- Compatible with most small body lifts.
- REQUIRES the use of external bump stops; front: SUP-1001, rear: SUP-1002, urethane bumps: SUP-1020. air bumps: KAB-2002
- The coil over shocks cannot be used as the bump stop!
- Yes, this kit will also work on Toyotas, Suzukis or what ever else you have.
- We offer another upgraded kit with tube couplers (instead of 2 bolt flanges) FSM-2005.
- Hoop tubes in this kit are approximately 20" tall.