This is a DIY (do-it-yourself) Universal Cross Member Kit to hold up your transmission (or transfer case).
We have designed this kit to be compatible with a wide variety of engine and transmission configurations used in off road Jeeps.
The cross member (and transmission mount are) independent of your vehicle's belly skid plate (unlike stock). This makes for easier transmission and transfer case service to drop the belly skid and not have to support the entire driveline.
Its design allows for maximum clearance to the essentials (front driveshaft and exhaust) while still supporting the driveline with a durable tubular cross member that is urethane-mounted to the inside of the frame.
The cross member pieces are all laser-cut for precision and ready for you to be "tack" welded together into place, then removed for final welding and paint.
This is the same kit we use on all our GenRight Jeep builds to keep the belly as flat as possible. The Cross Member kit is designed to attach to the inside of the frame, above the belly skid plate.
- Urethane-isolated at the frame.
- Super low profile for maximum ground clearance.
- Design allows for more room for the exhaust.
- Thick .120" thick wall tubing.
- Pre-bent and mitered tubes are ready for welding to side tubes with Urethane.
- Precision laser cut brackets are 1/4" thick and have multiple holes patterns in them for different transmission mounts.
- Includes Grade 8 mounting hardware.
- Center "slip tube" mount makes installation super easy.
- This mount will support the transfer case "belly" skid plate for additional strength.
- This cross member allows the belly skid to be removed for unobstructed access to the transmission and transfer case for service.
- All the mounts and hardware, as pictured.
- 100% Made in U.S.A.
- Designed to work with GenRight Belly Up Skid plate and allow enough room for exhaust between floor and this cross member.
- Only sold as a kit.
- This kit requires welding tabs onto the inside of the frame for mounting and to lock the tubes into place.
- The kit (as supplied) can fit between 31" and 47" frame widths (with a 3" overlap in center tube), it could be cut shorter if necessary.
- Also works great with our Atlas Support Ring (ASR-390).
- We recommend heat wrapping the exhaust to keep urethane bushings from getting damaged by extreme exhaust temps.
- Replacement urethane bushings are available.
See additional pictures for more detail.
I love your transmission crossmember on my 06 TJ, no added vibrations and so easy to work on anything under there.
This is the way to go for any tummy tuck, it allows you to remove your skid plate without having to support the drivetrain. It is a DIY kit so you can make it work for any jeep