This is the GenRight Rear Bumper Plate for anyone who wants the BEST departure angle possible, as it only sticks back 3/16" (the thickness of the material) behind the rear of the Jeep TJ, LJ or YJ.
It is designed to beef-up your rear frame cross member AND the two rear body mounts. It can also be used as a hi clearance bumper by itself because we have incorporated in 2 heavy duty shackle mounts for rear tow points.
Compatible with our Swing Out Rear Tire Carriers
- Hi-Strength design is C channel shape fits over and under frame.
- Laser cut and CNC formed for a perfect fit.
- Dimple Die Step for dependable traction in any conditions
- 1" wide Shackle mounts fit 7/8" size D-rings (D-ring shackles sold separately REC-2100).
- Shackle Mounts are fully welded from both sides.
- Beefs-up rear section of the Jeep's frame.
- Can be used by itself as a bumper for a better departure angle.
- Bolt-on design is super strong as it ties into the top bottom and back of your Jeep's frame.
- Easy installation.
- Includes Grade 8 mounting hardware.
- Shipped to you un-painted.
- Holes in plate fit the optional back up lights.
- We also offer an Optional Rear Frame to Bumper Tie-in kit for extra strength RBB-1100.
- Installation requires, you remove the rear most body mounts and slip this plate under them.
- Installation does NOT require lowering or removing the fuel tank to access mounting bolts, but it helps.
- This style bumper plate will fit a YJ (and can be used as a bumper), but a swing out tire carrier can not be directly bolted onto a YJ as the gas filler is in the same location as the latch plate. So unless you have re-located the gas filler, sorry.
- Is NOT a direct bolt-on for CJ's (please see part number RBB-1008).
I just put this bumper on this winter. I received it three days after I ordered it. Super fast shipping. I needed one that didn't stick out at all but would still be able to protect the rear of my tub. The bonus is that it fits over the stock rear crossmember and the rear body mounts sandwich through it to make the rear super rigid. I also got the frame tie in kit which adds that much more rigidity to the bumper should I ever have to use the rear d-rings.
Just put this on this summer. if gives my rear a super clean look while giving me a perfect departure angle with my rear stretch. It is very strong