This is the GenRight Rear Bumper Plate for anyone who wants a high clearance rear bumper with the BEST possible departure angle, as it only sticks back 3/16" (the thickness of the material) behind the rear of the Jeep Wrangler TJ, LJ or YJ.
It is designed to beef-up your rear frame cross member AND the two rear body mounts. It can also be used as a high clearance bumper by itself because we have incorporated in 2 heavy duty shackle mounts for rear tow points.
Prefect for use with our "SWING OUT" style Tire Carriers RTC-3500 & RTC-3510 too!
- Hi-Strength design is C channel shape fits over and under frame.
- Laser cut and CNC formed for a perfect fit.
- 1" wide Shackle mounts fit 7/8" size D-rings (D-ring shackles sold separately REC-2102).
- Shackle Mounts are fully welded from both sides.
- Beefs-up rear section of the Jeep's frame.
- Can be used by itself as a bumper for a better departure angle.
- Bolt-on design is super strong as it ties into the top bottom and back of your Jeep's frame.
- Easy installation.
- Includes Grade 8 mounting hardware.
- Shipped to you un-painted.
- Round holes in bumper plate are for the Optional LED back up lights LED-1500P or LED-1001-P.
- We also offer and recommend a Rear Frame to Bumper Tie-in kit for extra strength RBB-1100.
- Installation requires, you remove the rear most body mounts and slip this plate under them.
- Installation does NOT require lowering or removing the fuel tank to access mounting bolts, but it helps.
- This style bumper plate will fit a YJ (and can be used as a rear bumper on the frame), but a swing out tire carrier can not be directly bolted onto a YJ as the gas filler is in the same location as the latch plate. So unless you have re-located the gas filler, that is why we recommend the swing down tire carrier (RTC-3400).
- Is NOT a direct bolt-on for CJ's (please see part number RBB-1008).
Good quality. Thick metal. Fits perfectly. No extra frills. Super happy.
I have had this bumper for years now on my LJ and it has taken a beaten but still looks great. I did use the rear frame tie in kit too!